Who should be the main character of Final Fantasy 8-2

Mai

An 8-2 does not exist yet but if FF8 will have a remake it will become a possibility. In most Sub sequels a support character takes over as the main protagonist. In X-2 Yuna replaced Tidus. In XIII-2 Serah took over as the main character though she is replaced again by Lightning on the 3rd game.

So in a Hypothetical VIII-2 who should replace Squall as the lead character?

I am sure most of you will like Squall back but most subsequels got main characters demoted as subsequels are usually spin offs. Also If he returns it will kill the Squall is dead theory.

Rinoa because she is the secondary lead. She is in the poster and the second focal point of the game next to Squall. I mean Yuna took over X-2 after Tidus died.

I want this game to happen so we can finally end the debate whether Squall is alive or dead.

Administrator
Staff member
Squall is not dead. Didn't you guys see Squall and Rinoa dancing at the ending of the game. It can also be seen at the ending of the "Eyes on me" music video.

Why is Squall is not a choice? I mean, the Squall is dead; they have debunked theory multiple times. I don't know why people still believe that theory when the creator of the game himself it is not true. Also, we see Squall and Rinoa dancing together in the end of the game. He should still be part of the contention.