I'm also adversed to smoking reefer mainly because of how retarded it makes even the most classy people act while they're under the influence, but I don't see anything wrong with legalizing it either. It's not like there's a large concentration of marijuana-related deaths... you're usually too lazy and hungry to do anything too dangerous when you're stoned. :laugh:
I think the legalization of pot would be a fine idea and would help out the system. it is really a victimless crime most of the time and it would stimulate so much money that is right now going untaxed. now, that entire "smoking weed is cool" mentality is usually just juvenile and most people grow out of it once they exit high school.
lowering the drinking age, I don't know about that one though. you never seem to grow out of the "getting drunk is cool" mentality and that can seriously damage alot of bodily functions. I know a good number of 20 something alcoholics and I don't know about lowering it.
Not to mention alcohol-related vehicular fatalities, suicides, sexual assaults, and instances of social and domestic violence. IMO, alcohol is much worse scurge to the common good of mankind than most "hard drugs" are, because they're usually only self-destructive.
I think the legalization of pot would be a fine idea and would help out the system. it is really a victimless crime most of the time and it would stimulate so much money that is right now going untaxed. now, that entire "smoking weed is cool" mentality is usually just juvenile and most people grow out of it once they exit high school.
trust me, I was one of those kind of people myself (I admit, I'm not proud of it.:redface2:.) I do it once and awhile but not to the extent of it as I did in high school. also, most of the people I knew who were also like that also grew out of it. the ones who didn't (and I know a few of them too.) are just sad now.
If pot gets legalized, then lots of people will stop doing it because they won't feel like they're fighting the man anymore. That, and all of the economic stuff that everyone else mentioned, are good enough reasons for the government to just legalize the damn thing and stop wasting my hard-earned tax money on possession arrests.
I really don't know anyone whose primary reason for smoking pot is 'fighting the man'. I mean, granted, I don't know a lot of fourteen-year-old wannabe anarchists...