4 Kids Ent. shows how "Low" they can get

Yes the freakin FCC are a bunch of ###### when it comes to content sometimes, but thats not the point. 4Kidz goes WAY overboard with there edits. A lot of it has no point. After all, the show is already made for kids most of the time, how bad could it be. Also if you have a show made for adults, WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE IT FOR KIDS ANYWAY! It doesn't make a lot of sense.

So, just in complete theory, if 4Kidz goes under, does that mean no more DK?

Nah, they're not going under. They make most of their money from TCG and Merchandise.
 
4kids isn't doing anything Illegal, they are most certainly doing things wrong.

1) They are taking away any sense of character subtlety, which in turn means kids are getting a very shallow representation of human behavior in their entertainment. We've seen over and over why such simple, and idiotic impressions of characterization can damage how children view the world. then again, some of the shows they are translating are just as guilty.

2) they are removing any major sense of consequences from their work. We all know violence and gore is bad. however, they're putting out shows where people are using superpowers to perform what is effectively superviolence. However, no one is getting actually hurt. We don't see blood and we don't know people are dying. this means that the impressionable kiddies with their soccer moms are now learning that you can jump off your roof onto your brother's head and he wont get hurt. It's pretty ironic how they're counteracting their own message.

I don't like 4kids. I feel like they're pandering to an audience and talking down to them in a way that Batman and other shows never did, and it worries me that a lot of TV is now following their formula. Now am I going to go "ZOMG they shoud just die!!!1!"? No, they're in their right, and they have an audience. My only hope is that their audience gets wise with some decent competition and eventually proves that they don't need them anymore. that's how you get rid of a company you don't like. You steal their market share or remove their market altogether. I'm still waiting for a renaissance of American animation. Imagine if we had action cartoons and drama's in the Hannah Barbera style. That would be HUGE, but we have to get people doing it

Sorry, I rambled
 
Would you mind not cutting my statement up to further your own? I understand that we are on similar sides, but I don't like my message simplified. It was meant to be taken in full please
 
Would you mind not cutting my statement up to further your own? I understand that we are on similar sides, but I don't like my message simplified. It was meant to be taken in full please

Their market share is for 6-11 year olds. I am not sure if you understand that based on your statement above.
 
I totally get what your saying and I agree. They do make some mistakes and don't really learn from them. IMO one of their biggest mistakes are promoting Timeslot changes, cause they never do.

Example: Yugioh 5D's first started airing at 10:30, 2 weeks later they switch the timeslot to 11:30 without any sort of promo stating the time change and believe it or not that damaged the show's ratings, among others.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top