2020 Super Task Force Series Confirmed - Majin Sentai Kirameiger

Well my connection runs slow and sometimes that stalls it out so sorry about that. I got a connection error twice on your site. Not my fault. Had to flush out my browsers. It did stick on your end.
 
Oh snap, we're getting Mashins? Just in time for Wataru season 2's 30th anniversary!

 
Who the heck keeps translating "Sentai" as "Task Force?" It's Squadron. That's the official translation, even Shout Factory backs this up. Why is this still a thing? o_O

Still, a demon-slaying Sentai sounds sweet! I've been wanting that for a few years now. Hopefully Toei will make use of the current Yokai popularity train while it's still somewhat hot. :D Might also be cool if the team or one of the villains had a shinigami/reaper aspect as well, if the heroes can't have that.
 
I've seen that one literal translation comes up that way. So if you guys check that's what Sentai can mean. The US governments use the term a lot as well
 
It can be translated either way, however, Squadron implies an entire army whereas Task Force refers to a small specialized team. August even brough this up in one of his Shout! Factroy segments.

How is the Youkai train still hot? Ninninger failed and Youkai Watch is already a thing of the past. I don't think there's even been a new game in like 2 years.
 
^ I sometimes wonder if Toei has a list of themes they decide to go down over the years, and next year happened to be demons. Whether it's still big in pop culture means little, as they stick to the schedule like German officers following the Schlieffen Plan in WW1. Ryusoulger being about dinosaurs might have been a last-minute change for the quick cash grab, as so many other aspects of the show look as though they really had been intending for a dragon/medieval theme.
 
I was talking with a friend today I haven't seen in 4 months and he said he just can't bring himself to continue Ryusoulger as nothing is happening and he's farther than I am currently. I pretty much said the same thing, but I've sat through this much, I might as well just finish it at this point.

However, there is going to have to be something major wow factor if Toei wants me to stick around past episode 5 of next year's series, otherwise I will hold off on watching it until I am going to end up reviewing it down the line.
 
It can be translated either way, however, Squadron implies an entire army whereas Task Force refers to a small specialized team. August even brough this up in one of his Shout! Factroy segments.

How is the Youkai train still hot? Ninninger failed and Youkai Watch is already a thing of the past. I don't think there's even been a new game in like 2 years.

I realize "Sentai" can be translated multiple ways. Squadron, Task Force, Battle Team... Heck, in Kyoryuger, they used it as a generic word for "team". But the best translation for Sentai has, as far as I can tell, always been Squadron. Many anime have used "Squadron" as the official translation in both subs and dubs. The majority of the fandom use to agree on the translation, especially since you could keep the S.S. initials. And as I said before, Shout! Factory made "Squadron" the official translation. Unless one of their later releases translated it as something else, then I don't see why this is a still a discussion topic. Sentai = Squadron. End of discussion.

And as for Yokai; I still hear people talking about Yokai Watch, the latest GeGeGe no Kitaro series wasn't that long ago, and isn't there another recent anime with Yokai in it? I want to say Demon Slayer or something like that... I hear about it nonstop from Gaijin Goombah, and he tends to talk about pretty recent stuff as well as old stuff. Granted, the popularity train has lost a lot of steam recently, but I wouldn't stay the general audience is completely done with it yet.
 
What's GeGeGe no Kitaro?
It's an anime that runs against Kamen Rider on another station. The latest in a long line of adaptations of a manga from the 60s that apparently did a lot to bring yokai from old legends into modern Japanese pop culture. Funnily enough, I believe one of the show's writers is the daughter of infamous toku writer Toshiki Inoue.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top