D

Dr Kain

I just realized the visors on the LUpinrangers are top hats. That's freaking awesome!!

I wonder if the rumors about the show alternating stories each week is true though.

The text on some of these images is starting to get translated. If you look at the last image in my previous post, it seems that the left third details the transformation sequence, and of course each team has a different one.

LUPINRANGER SEQUENCE
So you may have wondered why the Lupinranger's collectables are called Dial Fighters. You may also have noticed that they all seem to have a little cylinder sticking out of the top of them. Well it turns out that those things can rotate and have numbers on them, like those rotating combination locks on old fashioned safes.

Attach the Dial Fighter onto the left side of the gun. The gun will state the colour of the Fighter you just attached.

Dial in a three digit code (it appears LupinRed's is 0-1-0). The Dial Fighter then flips up onto the top of the gun (it isn't clear if this is a spring-loaded action, requires a button press, or if you just move it with your hand) and the gun says "Maskaraise!".

There is a slight pause, during which the user can shout "Kaito Change!", and then the gun says "Lupinranger!"

PATORANGER SEQUENCE
Once again, you attach the Trigger Machine onto the left side of the gun. The gun will state the number of that Trigger Machine's user (for example "Ichigo").

There's no dialling on these ones. You just "shift down" the Trigger Machine so that it moves to the underside of the gun (again, it isn't clear what the method of moving it is) and the gun says "Patorise!"

There is a slight pause, during which the user can shout "Keisatsu Change!", and then the gun says "Patoranger!"
I just realized the visors on the LUpinrangers are top hats. That's freaking awesome!!
Yup, top hats, capes, big collars, and if you look at the first pic in my previous post you can see LupinYellow's foot and it seems that she has heels on. Very fancy.

A couple of sneaky photos from Japanese fans of the Lupinrangers filming:

DRYfpAMVAAAESj9.jpg

DRXsdW3VAAIixG3.jpg

As always, all the information comes out on Christmas when we're all distracted...

First up, some staff details:
Head writer - Junko Komura (head writer on Zyuohger, secondary writer on KR Wizard)
Head producer - Takaaki Utsunomiya (head producer for Zyuohger and KR Wizard, secondary producer on Shinkenger, Gokaiger, and ToQger)
Head director - Teruaki Sugihara (secondary director on Zyuoher and Kyuranger)

Secondly, a snippet of info about our reds: LupinRed will pretend to be an ordinary person and keep his identity secret. Pato#1 is a serious officer "aiming for a crime rate of zero".

Next up, the official site has appeared with a couple of teaser cards. The first represents Lupinranger and reads “On 2/11/18 at 9:30 A.M., we’re stealing your treasure!”. I like the little lizard wearing a top hat. :D
The second one represents Patoranger and says “On 2/11/18 the International Police have authorized us to use full force!”

DR7Q1nbVAAAq31o.jpg:small

DR7Q1nOVoAAu22b.jpg:small

Finally, all the new scans I've seen so far:

DR4S-_BWkAAloRA.jpg
DR4S--4W0AAzqEs.jpg
DR4S--4W4AAuyGm.jpg
DR4S--7W0AAeCMM.jpg
DR4To9jWkAAcQII.jpg
DR4To9kXkAIPDPR.jpg
DR4To9iX4AEwpSe.jpg
DR4To9fWAAUBgB2.jpg
DR4T8g5XkAE0IC1.jpg
DR578s1W0AA1mU1.jpg:small

So LupinYellow does have a skirt!
DR4T8g4X4AA9z8u.jpg
DR578s0W0AEZpr9.jpg:small

It's taken me this long to realise that if the Lupinrangers' visors are meant to be like top hats then the Patorangers' visors are meant to be like an archetypal cop's peaked cap and 'Aviator' sunglasses.
DR4T8g1WAAA24Hk.jpg
DR4T8g8XkAAdSwO.jpg
DR4UHBrXUAU-RSz.jpg
DR4UHBqXUAAfXZi.jpg
DR6tcc9UEAEZ182.jpg
DR661FrVQAAbJsi.jpg

Last edited:
D

Dr Kain

Not thrilled about the production staff. That leaves me worried.

On the other hand, I'm a little confused. So are they not going to be switching the shows up each week as rumored?

I hope it isn't too much longer before we get some shots of the villains.

It's funny to me that Tokuprime and Dr Kain are the only people replying to this thread. Furthermore, there's literally only one mod, and homeboy's not even an admit.

There's not much to say about it right now that hasn't already been said. My expectations are as low as ever; too often Sentai devolves into wacky cartoon hijinks for me to enjoy it. Rider has as well, but then we get shows like Gaim and Build which keep that to a bare minimum.

D

Dr Kain

I don't mind wacky hijinkses as long as it is balanced. Carranger is a prime example of a show that is geared towards comedy, but still manages to pull off drama without an issue.

Carranger was a parody, and a clever one at that. There's a large difference between Carranger and the tripe that currently passes for comedy in Toei shows.

D

Dr Kain

I really wish Akibaranger would come back. Or a successor series.