Spider-man is no longer an option since Sony currently owns to the right to both and live action tv-version of Spider-man (not the right to cartoons)

wait, what about The First and The Next's case? okay, they were both more of a "retelling the story but closer to the manga version" but I thought those two were also considered reboots...

The Next bombed and pretty much killed that series. Also, they really weren't "closer to the manga version". They used some manga elements that weren't in the original series, but that also came alongside losing manga elements that were in the original series.

Lurker
I was wondering if they were going to be given the reboot movie treatment, NOT a reboot series.

and I honestly do not like those Kamen Rider VS Super Sentai nonsense they came up with. Ikeda Junya must've smoked on something when he said SHT is as great as Avengers.

Maybe because of the tons of heroes from Kamen Rider, Super Sentai, & Metal Heroes that appeared in SHT & SHT Z?

Ohranger is the only Sentai show to have an anniversary season on the real anniversary year.
Turboranger was 10 years after Battle Fever J (considered the first series at the time) and was intended as the tenth anniversary series (although not the tenth series, which was Liveman the previous year), even opening with a special.

Lurker
you know which other Toei Hero I would love to see a reboot of? Supaidaman, just 'cause. besides, Japan absolutely adores Spider-Man so much that they brought in The Amazing Spider-Man way earlier than the rest of the world (I was fortunate enough to be one of the early birds) and I'm pretty sure Stan the Man himself wouldn't mind seeing it happen either.

The Toei Spider-Man is going to appear in Spider-Verse, a story that starts in November.

Professional Chef and Entertainer
Spider-man is no longer an option since Sony currently owns to the right to both and live action tv-version of Spider-man (not the right to cartoons)

wouldn't stop an anime from toei though.

Anniversary or not, I'd love to see a tribute/reboot movie of GoRanger. I'd love to see the new suits, the fight and combat scenes, the rangers flying through the sky, etc. Make it a little darker, make it a little more realistic, maybe give Naoya a cameo or a smaller supporting role. I don't care if it turns out as bad as Kamen Rider The First/The Next, I'd support it!

Anniversary or not, I'd love to see a tribute/reboot movie of GoRanger. I'd love to see the new suits, the fight and combat scenes, the rangers flying through the sky, etc. Make it a little darker, make it a little more realistic, maybe give Naoya a cameo or a smaller supporting role. I don't care if it turns out as bad as Kamen Rider The First/The Next, I'd support it!

except the last sentence, I totally agree. :thumbs:

Turboranger was 10 years after Battle Fever J (considered the first series at the time) and was intended as the tenth anniversary series (although not the tenth series, which was Liveman the previous year), even opening with a special.

That was different since Toei didn't view Goranger and JAKQ canon to the Super Sentai franchise at the time.