as we all know, both Gavan and Kikaider were given the revival/reboot treatment by Toei on their anniversary. Goranger will officially turn 40 next year, but do you think they'll also be given the reboot treatment? I actually hope they do because it's something I've been wanting to see for years.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Sentai's still going, whereas Gavan and Kikaider are attempts to revive past properties in the hope that the anniversary will bring in new interest. I would expect there to be some kind of tribute but maybe not that

It probably will be just an anniversary season like usual, probably a smaller anniversary than Gokaiger too. I don't think they'll attempt a reboot of a franchise with a running tv show at this point. There's also how Go-Busters technically had a theme similar to Gorangers, even though it was executed in a very different way, making it even more unlikely that they'd bet heavily on that theme any time soon.

Also, Gavan wasn't a reboot.

You know what we need for the anniversary of goranger an actual super sentai series in 2016 like any anniversary season or maybe a new sentai series with a new starting date and a new time in 2015.
Also maybe an anniversary Superhero taisen anime type movie with a crossover of kamen rider Ichigo and nigo since they also have a similar anniversary thing next year or 2016 that movie should also be in ishinomori style besides Garo is about to have an anime spinoff.

Goranger's real 40th anniversary is in 2015, but Toei likes to do Sentai anniversaries by numbers. So the 40th anniversary won't be until 2016 and Ohranger is the only Sentai show to have an anniversary season on the real anniversary year. Goaranger was the 25th anniversary in 2001, 26 years after Goranger started. Timeranger would have been a good anniversary with the Timerangers going back in time and teaming up with past Sentai teams in different episodes.

Or have Don Dolnero and his gang go back to 1975 to team up with the Black Cross to make sure to kill both the Gorangers and the Timerangers. So that future sentai teams won't exist from 1975 - 3000.

Sentai's still going, whereas Gavan and Kikaider are attempts to revive past properties in the hope that the anniversary will bring in new interest. I would expect there to be some kind of tribute but maybe not that

come to think of it, yeah... I guess we'll possibly see other Toei Heroes getting the treatment instead.

wait, what about The First and The Next's case? okay, they were both more of a "retelling the story but closer to the manga version" but I thought those two were also considered reboots...

It probably will be just an anniversary season like usual, probably a smaller anniversary than Gokaiger too. I don't think they'll attempt a reboot of a franchise with a running tv show at this point. There's also how Go-Busters technically had a theme similar to Gorangers, even though it was executed in a very different way, making it even more unlikely that they'd bet heavily on that theme any time soon.

Also, Gavan wasn't a reboot.

yeah, I don't think they'd want to pursue that theme anymore. then again the 40th Anniversary for the franchise itself comes during the year after next, so I guess Toei is planning to wait until then instead for another anniversary tribute.

It would be cool if they did a animated Goranger movie or a OVA series. I remember that both the original Kamen Rider and Goranger had a manga in the 70's.

You know what we need for the anniversary of goranger an actual super sentai series in 2016 like any anniversary season or maybe a new sentai series with a new starting date and a new time in 2015.
Also maybe an anniversary Superhero taisen anime type movie with a crossover of kamen rider Ichigo and nigo since they also have a similar anniversary thing next year or 2016 that movie should also be in ishinomori style besides Garo is about to have an anime spinoff.

I was wondering if they were going to be given the reboot movie treatment, NOT a reboot series.

and I honestly do not like those Kamen Rider VS Super Sentai nonsense they came up with. Ikeda Junya must've smoked on something when he said SHT is as great as Avengers.

It would be cool if they did a animated Goranger movie or a OVA series. I remember that both the original Kamen Rider and Goranger had a manga in the 70's.
True and dont forget the crossover anime film in ishinomori style part i thought of.

I was wondering if they were going to be given the reboot movie treatment, NOT a reboot series.

and I honestly do not like those Kamen Rider VS Super Sentai nonsense they came up with. Ikeda Junya must've smoked on something when he said SHT is as great as Avengers.

You know saying about Ikeda Junya kinda reminds me of people who said about michael bay

Last edited:
you know which other Toei Hero I would love to see a reboot of? Supaidaman, just 'cause. besides, Japan absolutely adores Spider-Man so much that they brought in The Amazing Spider-Man way earlier than the rest of the world (I was fortunate enough to be one of the early birds) and I'm pretty sure Stan the Man himself wouldn't mind seeing it happen either.