2012 London Olympics Discussion

It could be that he has some real competition than when he was in Beijing.

That tends to happen after you shock the entire world on your "first time." Phelps just didn't step up his game for this time around............bottom line
 
That tends to happen after you shock the entire world on your "first time." Phelps just didn't step up his game for this time around............bottom line

Beijing wasn't his first time. It was the 2004 Olympics. Beijing was his second time. Plus they swim at other events besides the Olympics. I think the other countries are just hungrier for the gold medal.
 
So I'm gonna go ahead and call it, the final four in the Men's football category will be two Hispanic teams - Mexico and Brazil, and two Asian teams - Japan and South Korea. I see the final four breaking down as this:

Gold - Mexico
Silver - Brazil
Bronze - South Korea
4th - Japan

Mexico has a pretty nice win record against Brazil, so I can see Brazil falling to them in the finals. Senegal's been on fire this tournament, so I think there's a chance of them beating South Korea to the semi-finals, definitely an interesting game to watch there. Whoever wins there, I'm fairly sure they'll fall to Brazil. I honestly don't see Great Britain doing very well against Mexico, they could always surprise, but I would have to give it to Mexico. I think Senegal will come out first in their group and face South Korea based on the virtue of them facing a very weak UAE. Japan's a strong team, but their greatest players aren't in this tournament - though a battle for bronze between two historic rivals like South Korea and Japan has the potential to be one of the best matches of the tournament.
 
We won't be surprised if China will make a world record for number of consecutive Olympic years in a row for overall medal standing, especially gold.
 
We won't be surprised if China will make a world record for number of consecutive Olympic years in a row for overall medal standing, especially gold.

The only reason why they're racking up the gold medals is because of the water portion of the Olympics. They're really good. We'll see when the track part of the Olympics comes.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top