2012/2013 Kamen Rider - Kamen Rider Wizard... CONFIRMED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
the world is not getting "gayer", gay people are just becoming more acceptable in society's eyes, as they should. Just for clarification, you realize not all gay guys are into stereotypical bishounen type guys right? and on another note, in japan being gay is still treated as a social taboo by a large amount of the population, so it is not all that likely that the gays have anything to do with it.

I'm not trying to be rude here- & I've heard of the problems for lesbians over there, which probably stems from stereotypes of the weird fetish porn they're associated with over there- but why would Japan have social stigma towards gays? The western world thinks that way because of the fifteen hundred years or so of christianity & other abrahamic religions that claimed it was a sin. But in Japan, they never had that problem, plus... somewhere I remember reading that it was socially acceptable for Samurai & Noblemen to hit on & even screw teenage male geisha...:sly:

Tell me I'm wrong?
 
I'm not trying to be rude here- & I've heard of the problems for lesbians over there, which probably stems from stereotypes of the weird fetish porn they're associated with over there- but why would Japan have social stigma towards gays? The western world thinks that way because of the fifteen hundred years or so of christianity & other abrahamic religions that claimed it was a sin. But in Japan, they never had that problem, plus... somewhere I remember reading that it was socially acceptable for Samurai & Noblemen to hit on & even screw teenage male geisha...:sly:

Tell me I'm wrong?

from what I've heard thats actually true, but in modern japan for one reason or another it now has a social stigma attached to it. and the fetish stuff isn't helping them. I've had some gay friends who have gone there on vacation and such and apparently if its anime its no big deal be it gay or lesbian, but in real life seems to be treated very differently. I don't know why that is why it is, but it would be interesting to find out. and I'm sure over time japan will become as homogeneous as europe and to a lesser extent, usa and canada
 
when will something be confirmed?, all this board is about now is if the riders are manly or not, honestly i don't really care. now where is the rider ****!(annoyed as you can see)
 
I get your point, if you want to skip the off-topic discussions and check if there's anything new, keep checking HJU's front page and/or a blog like Jefusion and/or Orends Range.
 
from what I've heard thats actually true, but in modern japan for one reason or another it now has a social stigma attached to it. and the fetish stuff isn't helping them. I've had some gay friends who have gone there on vacation and such and apparently if its anime its no big deal be it gay or lesbian, but in real life seems to be treated very differently. I don't know why that is why it is, but it would be interesting to find out. and I'm sure over time japan will become as homogeneous as europe and to a lesser extent, usa and canada
Probably doesn't help that America is a huge exporter of media and most of it is drenched in homophobia.
 
Probably doesn't help that America is a huge exporter of media and most of it is drenched in homophobia.

absolutely, it would be comical if it weren't so sad.

we need an announcement of some kind, i openly admit to my contribution of derailing this thread but seriously, this reveal needs to happen.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top