Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider feat. Skull Movie Taisen Core 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
二番目の翻訳者
I would dress as a Rider Girl if it was, like, wearing the Black costume. The full one. Full-body-concealing leather. :redface2:

(Seriously, it is so cold in this room.)

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
Skin tight???? How about Cutie Honey then??? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Nice post!!
Can you be happy about something without thinking it to death and/or insulting it? :eyebrow:

Why should anyone here be happy about something this intangible and banal? In fact, why should anyone give a **** about Movie War 2011's box office at all?

It's not like anyone here is getting a cut of it. It's not like more than one of us got to see it and contribute to that gross. It's not like good box office will get it overseas release. It's not like the future of the Rider movie franchise was ever in any doubt. It's not even like the future of OOO was in doubt!

Movie Taisen 2011's box office is totally irrelevant to 99.9% of the people who post here. It is slobbering nonsense of the highest caliber to say anyone is obligated to be happy about it.

私の占いは当たる
I would dress as a Rider Girl if it was, like, wearing the Black costume. The full one. Full-body-concealing leather. :redface2:

(Seriously, it is so cold in this room.)

Turn up the heat? Put on a sweater? :shrug:

I wonder if we'll get a view from the inside of OOO or Double helmet like we did for Decade.

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
C'mon now Lynx... We know you're kinda biased anyway... :laugh:

@nerefir: But putting on a sweater defeats the purpose of wearing the bikini... :O_O:

Mad Skillz
Why should anyone here be happy about something this intangible and banal? In fact, why should anyone give a **** about Movie War 2011's box office at all?

It's not like anyone here is getting a cut of it. It's not like more than one of us got to see it and contribute to that gross. It's not like good box office will get it overseas release. It's not like the future of the Rider movie franchise was ever in any doubt. It's not even like the future of OOO was in doubt!

Movie Taisen 2011's box office is totally irrelevant to 99.9% of the people who post here. It is slobbering nonsense of the highest caliber to say anyone is obligated to be happy about it.
I'm not sure if you're being serious or not, but if you aren't, is it really that hard to see that people want something they like to do well?

@kou: I'm not sure how much this would mean, but user based reviews on Yahoo Japan seem to give Movie Wars 2010 a 3.2% rating while Movie War Core got 4.1%. I already know that the box office is relative to what else was released, but like nerefir said, most of the box office this week was new releases. Though I'm just hoping it's better than Climax Deka where that got the top spot but only had a million in its opening weekend. Don't see actual figures released on any of the movies sites just yet for this film.

Everywhere You Go
I wonder if we'll get a view from the inside of OOO or Double helmet like we did for Decade.
Do you mean look through their eyes? That happened when OOO used the lock-on ability of the Taka head during his scanning charge twice. But when did we see through Decade's eyes? I really would like to see! Seeing through his eyes would be awesome!:D

Nice post!!
I'm not sure if you're being serious or not, but if you aren't, is it really that hard to see that people want something they like to do well?

I am being somewhat serious. I think it's genuinely destructive to tell fans that they should be happy if their fan-thing makes money and that they shouldn't question that feeling. It's a mindset that will cause more grief in the long run than anything else.

The flipside of celebrating when your thing makes a lot of money is that when it doesn't make a lot of money... you know, how should fans act them? Typically they go into ludicrous hand-wringing and act all miserable, often for no real reason. Remember people freaking out when Ultra Galaxy Legends "appeared" to be doing poorly in theaters last year?

Except it wasn't doing badly, it's that people didn't understand how to read Japanese box office charts. It actually did perfectly well and got a sequel that will also probably do perfectly well. Likewise, here we don't know if W and/or OOO are super-popular or if it was just a slow week at the Japanese box office.

We'll need more numbers to determine that, as you rightfully point out. We know we have a #1 but without gross and total number of theaters, we don't know if it's a meaningful #1. It's perfectly possible for movies to take a #1 box office position and then be considered unsuccessful based on performance in successive weeks.

Now, I don't think it's likely at all that Movie Taisen 2011 will be unsuccessful, but this is the sort of movie where success is really all but guaranteed. Japan consistently loves Kamen Rider movies, even badly-reviewed movies and movies from poorly-regarded sub-brands end up doing well enough. At this point I think it would take a multi-year string of really bad/unappealing KR films to break that winning streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.