I liked him when he wasn't a god
Of course Kiriko would be distressed in the movie...Her colleague and 'buddy' got put on the wanted list by the higher-ups. Still, trailers only show a small portion. I think they will still give us scenes of her being her usual self.

Also Chase gets killed and Gou ... will probably have something bad happen to him just so that Shinnosuke is alone for the final battle. But it's not just that, as that the marketing deliberately plays up images of Kiriko crying and upset as something that is supposed to "sell" the movie

EDIT: Contrary to current rumours, the scan that's doing the rounds of Shinnosuke and Kiriko on the road with a little boy is NOT Eiji nor is it promoting the movie. It's designed to show kids about road safety (as should be apparent from the fact they're doing stuff like putting a cycle helmet on him)

Last edited:
Lurker
I really hate the way the movies treat Kiriko. Movie Wars and Super Hero Taisen GP both used her as a damsel in distress/put her in danger, and now almost every image we've seen of her in this movie has her crying or distressed (not to mention the possibility of her being used as a baby incubator so Shinnosuke can have a son.) There's just no excuse for it.

Oh....... Damn.... It..... We're gonna use that card, even though people dead and all broke lose.... Damn...

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Oh....... Damn.... It..... We're gonna use that card, even though people dead and all broke lose.... Damn...

"Card"

Kiriko's a professional. She has been in desperate situations before and still managed to hold it together and try and help people. In the TV series, she usually does. In the movies, she's been used as a hostage twice, and now in this one every promotional image they choose for her shows her in distress. I have a hard time believing that's not intentional.

I think it's just being lazy. Maybe because of a movie's inherent time constraints.

Can't think of any use for the female lead without severely relegating her? Use her as a damsel-in-distress. Can't be bothered to setup anything to make female lead more useful? Use her as a damsel-in-distress.

It is, after all, a classic (but sexist) plot device.

If they can't even fix movie continuity, I don't think they can be bothered to think these things through.

Lurker
More scans from the movie
[hide]
11537259_1632327083648494_4481008065577286219_o.jpg

11054865_1632326753648527_3341379448418076794_o.jpg

11717496_1632326780315191_8352571774782814917_o.jpg
[/hide]

Shining~
I wonder when Proto-Tridoron was made. In the beginning of Drive we saw Proto-Drive used a motorbike, not a car.

From what I remember, we only saw him with the shift cars. Even in Episode Zero, we just see him walking around.

Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto
I wonder when Proto-Tridoron was made. In the beginning of Drive we saw Proto-Drive used a motorbike, not a car.

Proto-Tridoron is pretty mysterious itself. If it's functional then there's no reason it should have been stored away with a bunch of vintage cars. If its weapons weren't ready then using the Ride Chaser(or possibly its prototype) was by far the better option for Proto-Drive.

From what I remember, we only saw him with the shift cars. Even in Episode Zero, we just see him walking around.

Nope, we've seen him with the Ride Chaser if not its prototype version.