Captain
I don't need to watch an entire series to know I am not going to like it. I have done that with other series in the past and regretted it by the end. Go-Onger and Go-Buster being the most recent ones. Hell, I am currently suffering through that absolute schlock of **** called Dragon Ball GT. I have suffered through 50 awful piss poor pieces of garbage and still have 14 episodes to go. I don't need to spend my time watching a garbage Sentai series afterwards. In fact, I am no longer willing to give Sentai my full attention if it doesn't wow me within its first 5-10 episodes. Why would I want to suffer through 15 or so hours of crap when I can rewatch a Sentai series I like instead? In fact, this year my plans are to rewatch MegaRanger, KakuRanger, Gingaman, AbaRanger (all subbed for the first time), and of course, ZyuRanger (since it is getting a DVD release). Although, I never had the chance to rewatch DaiRanger in 2014, so I really should get on that since I haven't watched it since July 2013.

Abaranger was actually subbed by HK Subs long long ago, watched it around 2008ish, granted it wasn't a very good job compared to what Imagination Station has done with it but yeah lolz.

If you don't like GT, then why on earth are you forcing yourself to watch it lolz.

No such thing as a bad Super Sentai series, imo, some may not be as good as the rest but they all are interesting and unique in their own ways, imo.

Blade Adept
ToQGer has the same issues that plague Shinkenger and Go-Buster when it comes to story.

How do you know? You said you haven't seen the show past the first few episodes, so how can you unequivocally say that TOQger has a dearth of concrete plot, and that it's definitely plagued with a deluge of filler? Simply because of the pedigree of the show's writer?

I mean, it's fine if you've no motivation to watch TOQger (I don't, either), but it's another thing to fire off sweeping statements purely based on what you think the show is like.

Toei had to go full retard with the ToQOh boner.

Only once, as far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong though, TOQger viewers). They only did this once. I've no idea why you're so hung up about this. This is not a regular feature in every Mecha fight, thank God.

D

Dr Kain

I know because I couldn't make it past the fifth episode. Pus, I have checked out scenes from other episodes and read what people have said. ToQ is more filler than plot.

Why am I watching GT (just finished it btw)? Because I sat down back in August to watch the entire Dragon Ball anime from start to finish for the first time ever, even the non-canonical filler garbage like the movies and GT. Hell, I even watched the Garlic Jr saga. Alos, because I'm an idiot. :)

Yeah, I know there are HK subs of AbaRanger. I had the first 10 episodes, but they were so bad I found myself enjoying the show better when it was raw.

I disagree that there is no such thing as a bad series. Yes, there are series not for me, but there are definitely bad series. Dynaman, ToQ, Gosei, and Go-Buster being four of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would like to change his avatar
I disagree that there is no such thing as a bad series. Yes, there are series not for me, but there are definitely bad series. Dynaman, ToQ, Gosei, and Go-Buster being four of them.

Aw, please don't lump Dynaman in with those shows. Unless you're talking about the painfully unfunny Canuck dub, but Dynaman's awesome!

Lurker
I know because I couldn't make it past the fifth episode. Pus, I have checked out scenes from other episodes and read what people have said. ToQ is more filler than plot.
You just heard negative comment Kain, and you just wanna to heard that.
Their plot is how their memories come back one by one. You can't feel that from just bunch of line and again you just don't wanna to feel that.

But there is some people who like it and it is not just one. It is bad series....for you not all of us. That is why there is not bad series if judged by everyone, but there is if it is just you.

Captain

*In your opinion

Just because you have different tastes and personally dislike them does not mean that they are bad, "Different strokes for different folks." would be the best way to sum this up properly.

The ultimate Toku FAN OF DA CENTURY
Man, what's up with people wanting to hurt Kagura. It won't look good if you tracked her down and bashed her up. I wouldn't do that and neither should you. Man, that's totally fucked up in a way that...wow.
(My opinion)