Lurker
My guess is that he's an agent of the forest itself.

Remember that Helheim is just the world that got invaded before Earth, so Sagara would predate the Overlords.

If we use the Madoka comparisons he is almost certainly the Kyubey character in Gaim. Perhaps he is even the one who created the forest in the first place.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
What is even Yoko Minato's motive anymore.

I made a post about this on another board: she wants to be the sidekick/girlfriend to a powerful man. That's it. We're told that like the rest of Yggdrasill she wants power and is only out for herself, but she's never tried to take power; everything she's done has been for Ryouma's or Kaito's benefit. She's not like Micchi (who wants to "have a god in his debt" and control them behind the scenes) or Pierre (who's in love with Takatora, but considers himself first and foremost a mercenary, and has his own motivation to protect others) or Jounouchi (who admits he must ally with others because he's not strong enough in his own right.) The show doesn't even allow her to acknowledge that she just wants to serve a powerful man; which would at least let her make a choice of sorts and show some thought of her own. We're just sort of expected to accept that of course that's what she wants, because a woman's primary motivation should be a man.

Lurker
[HIDE]I made a post about this on another board: she wants to be the sidekick/girlfriend to a powerful man. That's it. We're told that like the rest of Yggdrasill she wants power and is only out for herself, but she's never tried to take power; everything she's done has been for Ryouma's or Kaito's benefit. She's not like Micchi (who wants to "have a god in his debt" and control them behind the scenes) or Pierre (who's in love with Takatora, but considers himself first and foremost a mercenary, and has his own motivation to protect others) or Jounouchi (who admits he must ally with others because he's not strong enough in his own right.) The show doesn't even allow her to acknowledge that she just wants to serve a powerful man; which would at least let her make a choice of sorts and show some thought of her own. We're just sort of expected to accept that of course that's what she wants, because a woman's primary motivation should be a man.[/HIDE]

I take it you don't like her much.

We're just sort of expected to accept that of course that's what she wants, because a woman's primary motivation should be a man.

We haven't ever seen her using the supposed "full power of her Genesis Driver" that Ryoma talked about,. I guess we'll get her actual story or motivations exposed on screen at that point, if it isn't just a dropped plot thread.

I made a post about this on another board: she wants to be the sidekick/girlfriend to a powerful man. That's it. We're told that like the rest of Yggdrasill she wants power and is only out for herself, but she's never tried to take power; everything she's done has been for Ryouma's or Kaito's benefit. She's not like Micchi (who wants to "have a god in his debt" and control them behind the scenes) or Pierre (who's in love with Takatora, but considers himself first and foremost a mercenary, and has his own motivation to protect others) or Jounouchi (who admits he must ally with others because he's not strong enough in his own right.) The show doesn't even allow her to acknowledge that she just wants to serve a powerful man; which would at least let her make a choice of sorts and show some thought of her own. We're just sort of expected to accept that of course that's what she wants, because a woman's primary motivation should be a man.

This has kind of been bugging me too. When Yoko was first introduced it was implied (by some of Ryoma's lines) that she was holding something back from him, so I assumed she had her own agenda and was just going along with Ryoma since it was convenient for her. Now it seems her agenda is really just supporting whatever man she deems most worthy (Ryoma and now Kaito) in any capacity she can. It just seems a really strange and myopic idea of how women think, as if women have no ambitions or drive of their own and exist purely to help further male ambitions.

I would mind less if we had more women in the show, but the only other major female character (Akira, Chucky and Rika are background characters so I don't count them) is Mai, who admittedly does have her own wants and desires (that is, to continue dancing) but, let's face it, doesn't really do that much.

I do still like Yoko and enjoy her scenes, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed by the way it seems her story is going.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
This has kind of been bugging me too. When Yoko was first introduced it was implied (by some of Ryoma's lines) that she was holding something back from him, so I assumed she had her own agenda and was just going along with Ryoma since it was convenient for her. Now it seems her agenda is really just supporting whatever man she deems most worthy (Ryoma and now Kaito) in any capacity she can. It just seems a really strange and myopic idea of how women think, as if women have no ambitions or drive of their own and exist purely to help further male ambitions.

I would mind less if we had more women in the show, but the only other major female character (Akira, Chucky and Rika are background characters so I don't count them) is Mai, who admittedly does have her own wants and desires (that is, to continue dancing) but, let's face it, doesn't really do that much.

I do still like Yoko and enjoy her scenes, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed by the way it seems her story is going.

I guess in a way she was holding back from him: she went behind his back to observe and help Kaito, and has now ostensibly gone over to Kaito's side. However, that comes close to making Kaito her entire motivation, which is ... depressing.

She should be physically stronger than both Kouta and Kaito (or was; they've both levelled up since then) and stronger as a Rider than all but the main four and Ryouma. But the show seems to have forgotten about that ...