The Pro Wrestling Thread - No Gimmick Needed

That guy in Japan
RAW "LIKES"
-CM Punk continues to show why he's the best heel in the company right now. Good promo and opening segment.

Seconded. Despite what some are saying, I don't think Punk was disrespectful to Bill Moody in the slightest. Punk never insulted Moody or the Paul Bearer character, he just turned the conversation back to himself. A perfectly in-character thing for him to do. That said, he walked the line of tasteful, but didn't cross it.

Jericho came back for this? I thought he was going to feud with Ryback since that's what the dirtsheets said.

You mean the "dirtsheets" were . . . WRONG?? Surely these are the end times.

-Punk's match with Kane was alright. Makes sense to have Kane win as it was a tribute to Paul Bearer. Punk taking the urn away was a good way to show he isn't afraid.

Agreed! Again, it was all completely in-character. Hell, Kane's FATHER JUST DIED! I lost my father last year and if someone had interrupted his memorial, a thorough, merciless, and probably fatal ass kicking would have been my first reaction as well.

"DISLIKES"
-Is Big Show turning face again? Hope not.
I have honestly lost track of many wrestlers' character alignments at this point. I call it "Orton Syndrome."

-By the time Fandango actually wrestles, I won't care anymore.

I don't care now. I might care if he would pick an accent and stick with it. I see the potential in a Dancing with the Stars cocky heel gimmick, but I have no faith in WWE to do anything but take a good idea, go completely half a$$ with it, and let it wither on the vine. (Looking at you Zeb. And Brodus. And Tensai. And Sin Cara. And Kofi. And . . . OK, now I'm just sad)

Eye See You
So I guess NXT's Bo Dallas and Wade Barrett aren't feuding anymore?

Anyone example of the writers changing **** every 2 seconds.

Digital Artist
Holy cow! TNA Impact had a huge crowd for their Thursday night show. Now that's impressive. If they can keep this up, they are really gonna do damage to Smackdown. I remember some photos of Smackdown's crowds from last year and they were pathetic. TNA has an interesting direction they are going with right now. Not bad.

Eye See You
Going on the road, having a bigger ring, and cutting down the ppvs is exactly what TNA needed and this is gonna make them big.