Or why does anybody?

How do you guys get into it and what makes you stick around? To me it looks like reality TV with bad actors.

I remember seeing one fight, where I leaped outta my chair cheering. It was Goldberg versus Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage and he took them apart!!! :buttrock:

But other times and pretty much every time I've tuned in sense... the fights were mediocre at best. The fighters even looked tired.

Why do you guys watch this? And sense I see, usually, Ranger-type fans that like it... is there any connection between the two for you guys?

By the Power of Gaia!!!
I dunno if there's a real connection--at least not for me, anyway. I was a fan of the WWF back when Cyndi Lauper and Lou Albano we're still part of the whole package. I follwed it religiously since then, but over the years so much stuff happened and all the fun went out of it. And once Hulk Hogan went bad guy for a while, that was enough for me. I haven't watched wrestling since.

Prism Flash!
Well, its for pure entertainment. Yes we all know its fake. But its all cool. Can't be watching Tokusatsu 24/7. I'm sure y'all have yer other interest, whether they're cartoons, or news or whatever.

Its basically about made-up stories that we all enjoyed, except these guys do not come in a team of five with colourful spandex with huge robots. :laugh:

BEST IN THE WORLD!!!
I dunno why....I've always loved pro wrestling, and I'm a huge puroresu fan. Kenta Kobashi is simply one of the best wrestlers out right now. I'm also an indy fan, as my friend is an indy wrestler in the Chicago/NW Burbs scene....he's wrestling for NWA Midwest and is being trained by "The Franchise" Shane Douglas

I don't judge. As a Power Ranger fan, you learn to respect other people's stuff. I just want to understand.

I see these Wrestling threads and they get pretty damn big. I just want to know the core and detail of what keeps you coming back for more and makes you love it so much.

Like... do you come for the fight choreography?

Is there some kinda guilty pleasure to following the sagas of... well.... "White Trash?" And I don't mean this as derogatory or anything. But there seems to be a romanticized archetype for it, not unlike a Ghetto Thug.

Just want to know... what is the best things you guys love about it and why?

Prism Flash!
Look into the atheletism. Some wrestlers can pull off some stunning and impressive moves.
Another thing is the different potrayal of character. I just love to hate those heels. :169:
There's different personas which contributes to the variety.
And of course, trash talking.

And not forgetting the sexy divas. lol. :laugh:

Eye See You
Wrestling is the best.

People keep screaming it's fake... but they don't seem to understand everything on tv is fake. Reality TV is fake. Wrestling does not claim to be real. They have admitted they are fake. It's a Rope Opera.

Old school wrestling and current are very different. No more fat guys holding eachother in funny spots it's all ripped now. The acting has improved 100% and the storylines go deep.

Just being able to go out there 50 weeks a year and work the crowds and show pure atheletisim is what is so cool about it too. Let's see the hockey players do that instead of crying about paycuts.

Think of wrestling as a Soap Opera with Stunt Actors.

Wrestling is #1 and will always be. Anyone who bashes it, we'll I'd love to see you train urself and go out there and be as good as them. Until then ur opinion is nothing. That's what I tell the haters.

Well put.

What're some of these deep stories and why're they so much fun?

What're moments you guys live for while watching?

And am I wrong, or do most "episodes"/"matches"(?) suck? Do I need to see the pay events for real good stunt work and charismatic characters? Usually when I stop on USA Netowork or something there's usually nobodies (I think..) and the fights don't rank in the calibur of the one fight I saw on TNT that did actually have me cheering.

Or is there is there a certain night that one should watch?

Eye See You
the monthly PPV events will have excellent wrestling but that does not mean the cable shows wont either.

I suggest you check out WWE RAW on Monday Nights @ 9pm on Spike TV and WWE Smack Down! on Thursday Nights @ 8pm on UPN.

Just give it a check out dude.

I would have to echo that comment. Sure, back in the day I thought it was "real" in the sense that people were getting in real fights to settle scores, which intrigued me. That and the personalities. Randy Savage and Ricky Steamboat were my favorites. Then Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels. Their wrestling ability and the stories behind them fueled the shows for me. I loved watching Saturday Night's Main Event. It wasn't something I got to see on a regular basis and the wrestlers were pulling off stunts that I had not seen people do "in real life" before.

It's kind of different now with the cameras backstage showing pre-match segments or extraordinary long talking segments in the ring in real time. I missed the pre-taped interviews. Showing the supposed "behind the scenes" elements and having elements like general managers and the owners of the companies involved in storylines (this goes not only for WWE, but TNA also) takes away from that fantasy element that I think kids like. I didn't want to see the politics backstage, I just wanted to see a colorful guy twist another guys arms and legs and jump off the ropes.