Power Rangers: Super Samurai - News/Rumors/Discussion Thread (OCTOBER 13th, NEW EPS)

It's Judgement Time!
About the "Grow up" thing to Adult fans...

Looking at some fellow fans (no one really on here, but elsewhere), he's right. Some people are a little TOO into PR.

Agreed. Its okay to enjoy shows like PR but my god some people take it too seriously. Im not offended by Hectors words. I know where hes coming from on that. Because hes not speaking to the 'walking encyclopedias' and the 'rabid fanboy'. He's talking about the trolls of the community who can't do anything but flood his personal facebook in protest.

I hate Samurai but I'm not going to go chasing after Hector for it.

Hector insulted all of us with his narrow-minded rant and you know it, so quit endorsing him

Not really.

The new Tendou Souji
He's talking about the trolls of the community who can't do anything but flood his personal facebook in protest.

Then, why didn't he just specify that? Reading the posts while keeping that in mind, it seems like he's indirectly calling adult fans trolls which is kinda ridiculous.

What he posted was unprofessional and rude, of course Yes-Men like you will endorse him because you are blind to Samurai's flaws and only care about the bottom line, not the show's quality. Picking apart the older fans accomplishes nothing for either the actor or the people backing him, and leads to much uglier things, to say nothing of the professional working relationship Saban Brands has with the Power Force, a group of older fans assembled to spread the good word about the show's future.

Agreed.

Fangtaku
Whether or not you agree with what he said, HOW he said it was incredibly rude, unprofessional, and insulting to adult fans, whether they've voiced anything for/against the show or not, and I do believe he should be censured by Saban and Nickelodeon for this outburst.

Regardless of the "no one under age of 13" rules on Facebook, everyone is fully aware that there are children on the site, either with their own accounts, or using their parents/siblings' accounts to access their "heroes'" pages. Additionally, these children may be young enough that the lines between fiction and reality are blurred, and while, inside, they know that these actors cannot actually turn into Power Rangers, and may or may not realize that they're doing choreographed fights and possibly don't actually know how to fight, they will still equate "what actor says/does" with "what character says/does."

Again, it doesn't matter what or why he said it, it's the HOW he said it. He was rude, unprofessional, and insulting. He used profanity, both explicit and implied, on his official page, where, I'm assuming, he presents himself as a member of the cast, and, therefore, an outlet of the show and production. Whether or not he is an official/authorized outlet or not, in the eyes of the general public (both adult and children), he is representing the show. And, especially with the allegedly offending posts removed, so there's no context for his comments, his vitriolic words reflect poorly on the show and the standards held by the company. Therefore, as I said before, he should be censured.

Tails is just one of those people who tries to act all grown-up by acting condenscending towards people who do stuff he feels is immature. It's not that Tails likes Power Rangers Samurai, he just doesn't like it when people criticize it because apparently we're not the target audience. You know, that's not what grown-ups do. According to Tail's logic, Power Rangers Samurai is good because the kids like it.

Here is the irony about Tails, he joins a discussion board that is dedicated to discussing things that falls under the same kind of genre Power Rangers falls under. At least mainly the ones made in Japan. But people love to discuss Power Rangers on this site none the less. Hell, he even joined Rangercrew. A site dedicated to discussing Power Rangers. Another irony is that he complained about on that site you can't have an opinion, yet according to his logic you basically can't have an opinion on Power Rangers Samurai (or the other half that just gets called Super Samurai). You can't state any negative opinions on it because you're not the target audience. Get this, I argued with Tails on the Power Rangers Megaforce thread and he pulled the "No you" card on me. Just like he did with Skyknight.

Is not impressed right now...
I kind of assumed he worked for Saban International or something.

Wouldn't be the first time something like that happened on the board. Ask Quark.

Umm.....what did I just miss? Who's Tails? What happened to Hector?

Lurker
Tails just sent me a charming pm saying he's put me on ignore. Bless the little cliche. Ah well, he'll grow out of this childish phase eventually. Until then, he's more than welcome to his own little fantasy world where nothing rational can be taken in. I take this action as more of a triumph over him. I exposed him as a troll and he couldnt take it. .:laugh:

I wouldn't call Tails a troll. Just a guy who thinks acting condenscending towards people he feels are doing stuff he deems "not grown-up" equals maturity.

wow, its been a dman good while since i have been here.

anywho, my two cents and im done with this. Hector lost his kewl and lashed out(not in a good way) He is a human, we make mistakes. I hope he learns from this and grows. I dont believe he is a horrid person(dunno him n real life, and i try not to judge by one, ONE! comment), but i do believe he could have handled himself better.

2nd, I have seen people sayin they truly believed he was faking from the beginning, again, we dunno him in real life, so its kinda hard to say that.

lastely, for the people who are lecturing about him (not callin out anyone here, just on different forums) bout this....even if u arent a celeb(sort), i hope you guys practice what you preach.

that is all.