I've just finished Ultraman Saga (and with it all the Ultra Galaxy stuff to date, at long last) and I have some questions:

1) Does this take place in Cosmos's universe or someplace else? If the latter, what was Musashi doing there? Did he travel from his universe to the Showa universe (from his cameo in Ultra Galaxy Legends) to this one? How did the Cosmos show end?

2) Why didn't Mariya Yamada (Mai) make an appearance when all the rest of the Super GUTS members did? (By the way, according to Wikipedia she was in the first Moebius movie as a journalist. I must have missed her... then again, I only saw Dyna after Moebius.)

3) What did this movie have to do with Killer the Beatstar? Killer is supposed to be a side story tie-in, but I don't see what the connection was. What was Alien Bat's goal? Is he a Showa universe villain or is he from Cosmos?

4) Where was the rest of Ultimate Force Zero? Why was Zero still fighting Belial's army from the last movie? Did he go back to that universe after the events of Killer?

5) Speaking of Revenge of Belial, considering Noa's appearance, could that be the universe where Nexus took place?

6) Did Taiga have a grudge against Ultraman because he lost his parents in a monster attack during Dyna's show?

7) What did Asuka tell the Super GUTS members at the end credits? Why did Taiga stay with the EDF girls instead of returning home?

8) Were the woman and child with Musashi at the end his wife and child? Was the woman a fellow Cosmos character like in the Superior 8 movie?

9) What was the point of Shion Nakamaru's cameo as Takeru's mother in the end? She's only on screen for a few seconds, and she had just been Ultra Galaxy NEO as the Pedan leader.

Last edited:
Friendship and the Cosmos.
The one thing I can answer is that this movie takes place in neither Cosmos, Dyna or Zero's universe and it's an alternate universe independent of the original Dyna/Tiga universe. It is made clear that Asuka was there for a significant period of time, but it's not his universe.

Bat Seijin and Zetton are both from Return of Ultraman as villains against Jack.

And Taiga stays with Sayaka and co because he wishes to remain there and see them grow. Of course, Zero has separated from him. Asuka returns to the original Dyna universe and says that Taiga is fine and is flying towards tomorrow, just like himself.

1) Does this take place in Cosmos's universe or someplace else? If the latter, what was Musashi doing there? Did he travel from his universe to the Showa universe (from his cameo in Ultra Galaxy Legends) to this one? How did the Cosmos show end?

An entire new universe where Ultras don't exist. Cosmos, like Zero, was summoned by Dyna's voice.

2) Why didn't Mariya Yamada (Mai) make an appearance when all the rest of the Super GUTS members did? (By the way, according to Wikipedia she was in the first Moebius movie as a journalist. I must have missed her... then again, I only saw Dyna after Moebius.)

There's no official answer to this question.

3) What did this movie have to do with Killer the Beatstar? Killer is supposed to be a side story tie-in, but I don't see what the connection was. What was Alien Bat's goal? Is he a Showa universe villain or is he from Cosmos?

The connection was loose, but it's there. In the OVs, Alien Bat was creating a great deal of destruction in a mystery universe. Some survivors escaped by their spaceship--which was the giant ball thing. I don't want to go into further details of the OVs. I believe they only meant to bring the remained UFZ member to screen and promote the new movie.

4) Where was the rest of Ultimate Force Zero?
Somewhere else.

Why was Zero still fighting Belial's army from the last movie?
Because Belial made billions of them and placed them everywhere of the universe, and you can't expect Zero and his friends clean the mess up in just one movie.

Did he go back to that universe after the events of Killer?
Yes. Btw, the events of KBS take place in Showa/Mega Monster Universe.

5) Speaking of Revenge of Belial, considering Noa's appearance, could that be the universe where Nexus took place?

They are not the same universe.
However, Noa has the ability to travel universe to universe, and there is only one Noa.

6) Did Taiga have a grudge against Ultraman because he lost his parents in a monster attack during Dyna's show?
Yes, but he did not hate Ultraman really. He hated himself for not being able to save who he cares and had to rely on others to do so for him.

7) What did Asuka tell the Super GUTS members at the end credits? Why did Taiga stay with the EDF girls instead of returning home?

Asuka told his fellows that Taiga was fine and he is still waiting for them to reach him someday.

8) Were the woman and child with Musashi at the end his wife and child? Was the woman a fellow Cosmos character like in the Superior 8 movie?
Yes, and yes.

9) What was the point of Shion Nakamaru's cameo as Takeru's mother in the end? She's only on screen for a few seconds, and she had just been Ultra Galaxy NEO as the Pedan leader.
It's a way Hasegawa(the writer of this film and Nexus) tells fans that he really liked Nexus and wished it could go the way he planned!

Looking Forward To Saga, Still ...

The one thing I can answer is that this movie takes place in neither Cosmos, Dyna or Zero's universe and it's an alternate universe independent of the original Dyna/Tiga universe. It is made clear that Asuka was there for a significant period of time, but it's not his universe.

Bat Seijin and Zetton are both from Return of Ultraman as villains against Jack.

And Taiga stays with Sayaka and co because he wishes to remain there and see them grow. Of course, Zero has separated from him. Asuka returns to the original Dyna universe and says that Taiga is fine and is flying towards tomorrow, just like himself.

But, Asuka is human, and a native of the Tiga/Dyna Universe. Why hasn't he returned home, yet?

Well, besides because of Gondou ... :shakefist

I've been saying this for the longest time - Tsuburaya should give Dyna fans the happy ending that all of the other Ultras ultimately got.