Are Mirror Knight, Glenfire and Jean-Bot homages to past heroes?

I've wondered if Mirror Kight and Glenfire in the Ultraman Zero movie are homages to past Tsuburaya heroes Mirrorman, Fireman and Jumborg Ace respectively. Is this true? And if so, why is the name Jean-Bot instead of "Jum-Bot"?

Also, what happens to the Ultimate Force Zero in Killer the Beatstar and Ultraman Saga?

Shyni
I've wondered if Mirror Kight and Glenfire in the Ultraman Zero movie are homages to past Tsuburaya heroes Mirrorman, Fireman and Jumborg Ace respectively. Is this true? And if so, why is the name Jean-Bot instead of "Jum-Bot"?

Um, yeah, that should be pretty obvious. I guess "Jum-bot" just didn't sound right for Tsuburaya.

SLICE
They could have named him Jean-Borg but then Star Trek nerds would complain.

Back in Black
:rofl2:

Maybe the name was intended to be like that so that someone could find the middle ground. :sly:

Um, yeah, that should be pretty obvious. I guess "Jum-bot" just didn't sound right for Tsuburaya.

I didn't pay much attention to the Ultra Galaxy stuff until recently, so if there was any discussion about those three here I missed it.

"Training."
Yes, they are homages to those three past characters from Tsuburaya just like how Skydain and Groundain from Fourze is a homage to another past show from Toei.