Read my smart post
^^I'm talking about teams who can win an NBA title. Sure, smaller market teams like San Antonio or Memphis will be a force in the playoffs but they aren't going to win a title.

At the end of the day only 4 teams actually matter next season, OKC (you were right about them being a smaller market), Lakers, Miami and maybe a healthy Chicago. Everyone else is kind of just...around

#MissionMiami
Chicago is done this season. You can take them out of the Top 4 title picture.

The 4 true legit title contenders this season are:

1. Miami
2. OKC
3. LA Lakers
4. Boston

The secondary set of contenders who could possibly make it:

1. San Antonio
2. LA Clippers
3. NY Knicks
4. Chicago Bulls
5. Brooklyn Nets

I think in the secondary set of contenders, one of those teams will emerge as a true new contender.

is Mayor of Farmville
Chicago is done this season. You can take them out of the Top 4 title picture.

The 4 true legit title contenders this season are:

1. Miami
2. OKC
3. LA Lakers
4. Boston

The secondary set of contenders who could possibly make it:

1. San Antonio
2. LA Clippers
3. NY Knicks
4. Chicago Bulls
5. Brooklyn Nets

I think in the secondary set of contenders, one of those teams will emerge as a true new contender.

Out of the secondary set, I believe that it's the Clippers that have the real shot of emerging into the elite. And it's not bias speaking:

1) San Antonio, though a constant in the playoffs, still relies on stellar play from Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, and Tony Parker. That's a core of 3 superstars that are aging. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak, especially for Duncan and Ginobili. Any team with enough youth and experience can and will outlast them.

2) New York Knicks, even with Amar'e Stoudamire and Carmelo Anthony, still seems rather disjointed. Jason Kidd is good, but at his age, World peace (not the Metta kind) is better.

3) Chicago Bulls. Their offense is heavily predicated upon Derrick Rose playing out of his mind. Though they did demonstrate stellar teamwork in the playoffs after Rose left early, the fact that they got their clocks cleaned by a superstar-less Sixers team means that it's going to be more of the same come November.

4) Brooklyn Nets. I am not impressed by a backcourt of Deron Williams and Joe Johnson, and is probably the most expensive backcourt in the entire NBA. I don't think they'll even reach 9th seed in the playoff seeding order.

Anyway, Even though I say the Clippers have the real shot...it all depends on whether or not Blake Griffin can come back in time. But even then, they have a collection of skilled Veteran Players that know their places, and CP3 is the maestro when it comes to directing the play.

Also, Punk, I disagree with you when you say Boston is a legitimate contender. Even with a new big three comprising of Garnett, Pierce, and Rondo, The Celts will miss Ray Allen's shooting touch. I say there's only three Legitimate Title Contenders.

#MissionMiami
The Knicks new uniforms leaked on NBA 2k13

http://news.sportslogos.net/2012/08/22/new-york-knicks-new-uniforms-leaked/

Out of the secondary set, I believe that it's the Clippers that have the real shot of emerging into the elite. And it's not bias speaking:

1) San Antonio, though a constant in the playoffs, still relies on stellar play from Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, and Tony Parker. That's a core of 3 superstars that are aging. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak, especially for Duncan and Ginobili. Any team with enough youth and experience can and will outlast them.
I agree. I'm not exactly sure the Spurs will play to the level they did again this season.

I agree on the Clippers also but if DeAndre Jordan can't step up, he's a goner.

2) New York Knicks, even with Amar'e Stoudamire and Carmelo Anthony, still seems rather disjointed. Jason Kidd is good, but at his age, World peace (not the Metta kind) is better.
NYK isn't exactly disjointed. They haven't found their stride yet which they started to under Woodson going 18-6 with elite defense. They should be a 50 win team this year.

Even with their problems, they were an inch away from the 4th seed and dominated the Eastern Conference playoff teams during the regular season.

Offense is the biggest issue.

3) Chicago Bulls. Their offense is heavily predicated upon Derrick Rose playing out of his mind. Though they did demonstrate stellar teamwork in the playoffs after Rose left early, the fact that they got their clocks cleaned by a superstar-less Sixers team means that it's going to be more of the same come November.
I agree and plus, they had a great bench of CJ Watson, John Lucas, Ronnie Brewer, Kyle Korver, Gibson, Asik. Now, they have downgraded to Kirk Hinrich, Nate Robinson, Marco Bellineli, Nazr Mohammad.

4) Brooklyn Nets. I am not impressed by a backcourt of Deron Williams and Joe Johnson, and is probably the most expensive backcourt in the entire NBA. I don't think they'll even reach 9th seed in the playoff seeding order.
Disagree.

Deron playing with Joe is going to make both alot better and considering Joe Johnson has led the Hawks to the 5th and 4th seeds as the main star and he becomes the secondary star to Deron will make that backcourt deadly.

Plus, Wallace, Humphries, Lopez will be good enough to combat with against the Eastern conference Fowards/Centers.

Deron/Joe should play exact like Paul/Billups did last year.

Anyway, Even though I say the Clippers have the real shot...it all depends on whether or not Blake Griffin can come back in time. But even then, they have a collection of skilled Veteran Players that know their places, and CP3 is the maestro when it comes to directing the play.
I agree. Billups is the biggest question mark though. If he didn't get injured, they would have been a title contender last season.
Also, Punk, I disagree with you when you say Boston is a legitimate contender. Even with a new big three comprising of Garnett, Pierce, and Rondo, The Celts will miss Ray Allen's shooting touch. I say there's only three Legitimate Title Contenders.
Sure, they will miss Ray Allen's shooting but they got younger and deeper with Jeff Green returning, Bass returning, signing Jason Terry gives Boston that Allen replacement, Courtney Lee is another good scoring player, Sullinger is the new Glen Davis, Fab Melo/Wilcox/Collins will provide solid depth behind Garrnett.

Boston will be scary once Avery Bradley comes back and starts at SG to impact their defense with Garnett/Rondo.

is Mayor of Farmville
I get what you mean with the Backcourt of Deron Williams and Joe Johnson, Punk.

But quite honestly, those two, along with Gerald Wallace at Small Forward...

It just smells too much like Kidd/Carter/Jefferson. We all know how that panned out...

#MissionMiami
I get what you mean with the Backcourt of Deron Williams and Joe Johnson, Punk.

But quite honestly, those two, along with Gerald Wallace at Small Forward...

It just smells too much like Kidd/Carter/Jefferson. We all know how that panned out...

I see what you mean by that, I think the difference here is Joe wants to win, Deron wants to win, Wallace wants to win, these are the final years of the prime of Joe and Wallace. Carter/Jefferson never had a winning mentality or were good defenders.

And who knows...Maybe, Dwight might be crazy enough to force himself to the Nets at the trade deadline.

It's amazing how Dwight alone would turn Deron, Joe, Wallace into a Big 4 which would probably overpower Miami compared to Lopez, Humphries.

is Mayor of Farmville
I also think that one of the reasons the Carter/Kidd Nets didn't succeed wasn't just because of Carter and Jefferson; I always thought that Nenad Kristic, for all his skill, was still a weak center compared to Shaq in Miami and Ben Wallace in Detroit.

Brook Lopez is definitely more powerful than Nenad Kristic. And Maybe you're right; the backcourt tandem of Deron Williams and Joe Johnson may turn out to be like Chris Paul/Chauncey Billups or even Cuttino Mobley/Sam Cassell