i think the (merchandising)trend was at first focus more in having as many riders as they can which started with agito, ryuuki :)laugh:) almost all the way to kabuto... then when den-o came out, they main focus was the main rider's different form, which can with kiva and decade...

from what im seeing the current trend right now is being the main rider as the main focus with all the extensions on his belt as seen in W, OOO, and fourze and the secondary rider having just some limited "system" when compared with the main ones like accel, birth, meteor(?:redface2:)

Well under 9000
i think the (merchandising)trend was at first focus more in having as many riders as they can which started with agito, ryuuki :)laugh:) almost all the way to kabuto... then when den-o came out, they main focus was the main rider's different form, which can with kiva and decade...

from what im seeing the current trend right now is being the main rider as the main focus with all the extensions on his belt as seen in W, OOO, and fourze and the secondary rider having just some limited "system" when compared with the main ones like accel, birth, meteor(?:redface2:)

I have a sneaking suspicion Meteor might break this trend.

early in the thread there was an idea for a prequal story about a rider during WWII. I think that could be a really cool series, although not so much a classic rider series as much as something a bit darker.

During WWII Japan sends some of its best soldiers to Germany to undergo what is promised to be a revolutionary super soldier program. But the program is more sinister then they could imagine- being altered into insane cyborgs. One of them manages to escape and swears to fight against the people who did it to him.

the catch- he's Japanese- nobody on either side is going to trust him. The Axis wants him for treason and the Allies obviously aren't going to trust him. So he wears an exparimental gas mask (Imagine the classic rider helmet is dubduded colors and a gas mask filter over the mouth) and rides a modified black shadow motercycle killin nazis and having existential angst.

At the end of the series it turns out he's Hongo Takeshi's grandfather.

Newer Kamen Riders should go back to being cyborgs originally made by evil organizations. Kamen Rider G was a parody, but at least it was more Kamen Rider than any of the Heisei-era titles.

sounds like a good idea, but i am not sure if it would work the way current series are handled.

I've never seen real proof of it, but I've seen some claims that Toei wants to avoid featuring cyborg characters due to real implants that exist nowadays, and fearing that cyborgs might offend part of the audience. I think that's the only thing that makes sense. In the Heisei era, even when we get monster or just "altered" Riders, they never are actual cyborgs.

I don't think cyborgs would get in the way of the merchandising trend of the curretn series either. The only difference is that the protagonist would actually summon the belt and maybe gadgets from inside his own body, rather than carry them with an invisible pocket. The fear of some kind of backlash from part of the audience seems like the most obvious reason for none of the Heisei Riders, not even secondary ones, being cyborgs.

Of course, the Showa Riders have been featured recently, but they already were stablished characters. Aside from that, the only time their cyborg nature has been relevant was in that one scene where Decade blew up Super-1 and his arm fell near the camera. The same movie, in a scene removed from the theathrical cut but that appeared in the DC, had a moment where Tsukasa's arm transformed into a gray version of Decade's arm to block an attack before doing the actual transformation. Really, that scene makes me think that the director or writer of the movie would have loved to say that Tsukasa was a cyborg, but just couldn't do it.

Edit: Heh, now that I think about it, Tsukasa goes all "This is my real form!" when he uses Complete Form in Ganbaride. Obviously, they changed that before its debut in the tv show.

Last edited:
I like a ninja or samurai-themed Kamen Rider set in the style of the FIRST and the NEXT.

The plot is that the main character is the anti-Kamen Rider. He doesn't say henshin, does not do a pose and is an anti-hero. He still has a bike and a Rider Kick.

In the first episode, his family (a little sister and parents :laugh:) is killed in his house thats on fire. At that moment he sees Kamen Rider 1 & 2 in the blaze and blames them for the death of his family. Later, a mysterious organization finds and asks him does he want to avenge his family. The main character accepts their offer.

Years later, the organization trains the main character. During that time period, he hates the concept of Kamen Rider and becomes the anti-Kamen Rider. After completing his training, the organization gives him a Rider belt. The main charcater tracks down and defeats other Riders in order to find any lead on the double Riders. That is the plot of my story.

[HIDE]Later in his journey, the main character encounters other characters that don't agree with his revenge and try to show him the wrongs of his ways. Throughout the series, the main character starts to realize that maybe revenge isn't the right way and little-by-little begins to embrace the idea of Kamen Rider. Then at the halfway point, he encounters Rider 1 & 2 and fights them to the death!! Our main character "kills" both the Riders!:O_O: This brings deep sorrow to everyone seeing the icons of Kamen Rider killed.

After their deaths, the main character realizes his mistake and that even if the Double Riders die, it will not bring back his family. Just then, the organization that trained him appears and reveal not only that they are Shocker:O_O: but they killed the main character's family! Their plan was to create a Rider with enough ambition using revenge in order to kill the double Riders.

Shocker, no longer needing him and seeing that he will no longer work with them, sends an army of Shocker monsters to kill him. With our main character in despair, Rider 1 & 2 appear and save him! They give this badass speech about what it is to be a Kamen Rider and they will never fall to Shocker! Rider 1 & 2 embrace the main character, telling him what he did in the past cannot change, but he can lead his future towards the better. The main character, with the epic remix of Let's Go, Rider Kick! playing in the background, puts the belt on, does a pose and says "HENSHIN!" :buttrock: He transforms into his ultimate form called Hero Form. He, with the Double Riders, fight the Shocker monsters in an all-out battle![/HIDE]

And that's all I have for the moment.... Hoped you guys enjoy it!!

child of darkness
i would like to see a rider reminesent to kaito kid from magic kaito he uses magic tricks and desguises to fight this organization also he keeps his idenity secret and he fight hand to hand

Altair
Probably too soon after Fullmetal Alchemist, but I'd like to see a Rider based on Alchemy

Probably too soon after Fullmetal Alchemist, but I'd like to see a Rider based on Alchemy

I thought OOO was a part of alchemy. The greeed are homonculum.

I wanna see a ninja rider in the theme of ninja gaiden & rurouni kenshin. A ninja faces an army of oni and two riders... a cyber ninja and a ninja rider from the oni clan.

As for martial arts rider... maybe four riders in Blade style. With touches of Shaman King, Gekiranger and beyblade NOT metal.

I'm A Djinn
A Kamen Rider training academy?

A series where the big corporation/organization isnt always the big bad?

Or a space-based series (like the whole series takes place in space)?

Or something Romance of the 3 Kingdoms inspired?

Id b happy to see any of those.

Here is something that would make an instant WIN.
Doctor Who + Kamen Rider. :buttrock:

Seriosuly, when I started watching the old Dr. Who episodes, mainly with the 3rd Doctor (Jon Pertwee), I always kept waiting for him to say "Riderrrrr....HENSHIN!" whenever a monster showed up.