Throwing Some Justice!
1. As soon as you're having words fired at you, strap on the Kevlar shield of "thought stopping." Hear the words, then think of three reasons why they're not true. And keep repeating them to yourself...

2. A bully's tactic is to isolate you, make you feel alone. By finding other people, you've already knocked out one of their weapons...

3. If the [authority] you go to won't do anything, find another one. The war is your mind, don't let the bully win. Search out the authority figure that will hold the bully accountable.
http://consumerist.com/2011/10/what-you-can-do-if-youre-being-bullied.html

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Really? Cause mine always were:

Step 1: Ignore- if they areen't having fun, they might give up and go away.:redface2:

Step 2: Reason- if the first thing doesn't work, try to figure out what prompted it and work around it.:hmm:

Step 3: Intimidate- Show them you aren't scared of what they're bringing on themselves by returning their insults and showing no fear.:nono:

Step 4: Destroy- If there is no other way, you must show no mercy in eliminating he/she who has chosen to be your enemy... :sparta!:

...Of course, I don't think there are all too many people who can zone out in a fight and know exactly how to react when & how who are being bullied, but...

Mine

Just fight, because thats what they want even if theyre stronger you can find a way to win and ignoring does work, but theres no fun in that lol at least I think so

Fighting evil makes me thirsty
Things have changed a lot since back in the day. If you were being bullied a few decades ago, you either stopped it yourself or it continued unchecked. I'm simply observing the shift from taking care of business physically to how bullying is handled and viewed now. It's interesting to me how bullying has gotten more national attention now and how it is regarded more seriously than it was before.

What caused this shift? Was it when that teenage girl (or boy...I can't remember) committed suicide after being bullied?

When I was in middle and high school, I'd see bullying once in a while, but it wasn't too bad. Luckily, I was big and tall dude all throughout my middle and high school, so no one messed with me.

1. Make sure no teachers are around
2. make sure none of his/her friends are recording
3. Piledrive the son of a **** into next tuesday

What caused this shift? Was it when that teenage girl (or boy...I can't remember) committed suicide after being bullied?

I think there has been more than one kid who have committed suicide because of bullying. And there are all kinds of bullying. There is just the normal pestering bully, there is the kind that bullies you because of your sexual orientation (homosexuals get this one a lot), race, and probably a lot more. And because of today's technology, you could have the same bullies bullying you over the internet, making you feel like there is no safe place to go anymore. I guess people are starting to believe that Bullying leads to things like Discrimination and Prejudice. If it's instilled in them at a young age and endorsed by their parents or never corrected, then it'll just get worse when they become older.

1. If the bully is bigger than you, use a weapon.

2. Use the element of surprise. Go for the nose, back of the knees, etc.

3. If possible, provoke them into throwing the first punch. Then you can say it was self defense.