Status
Not open for further replies.
always henshining'
marvelous episode this week, a great improvement over the last one

we may have learn a tragic fact about Luka's past, but Ahim got nice development too. the princess shows surprising conviction when she says she won't settle for being a substitute little sister. thumbs up !

Lurker
- Seeing only Matsuri/GoPink in this episode, which break the rule "every tribute episodes need the Red one (but Pink is still Red, lol)," make me think it's possible for some Sentai tribute if the Red's actor can't return, for example Goggle V tribute with Goggle Black, Kakuranger tribute with NinjaWhite, etc.

- Are there an official statistic of the characters? "Luka as big sister" make me think is she older than some of characters or she just "act" as big sister to Ahim. Kinda reminds me with Gosei Yellow's actress actually older than Gosei Black's actor. The funny thing is Luka's actress is the youngest cast between the Gokaigers until Gai came (which the actor is some months younger than Ichimichi Mao).

- Basco is really a patient villain, he's okay waiting for Luka's argument with Matsuri and a flashback. :sweat:

- Jealoushit next week, I wonder if he joining Gokaigers and become this year's "Yatsudenwani." :laugh:

Cool idea on using females for the guests. I'm for it, but A.) Toei may've only done it for Luka's and Ahim's episode together and B.) Kakuranger specifically: The Gingman episode proved very well that Teruaki Ogawa would come back. I could be wrong, and I hope I am.

(I didn't see the episode yet, so I'm just guessing at the moment) I'm sure the flashback was for us and Basco only got the argument. However, it wouldn't surprise me if he waited for both. He'd probably would've waited for Luka to finish all of Gogo V (movie and both team-ups), just because he's a cocky son of a gun.

Can't wait to see Jealoushit again. It'll be interesting if he makes it past the episode.

That's why I can't buy that thing about Legend War supposedly taking place many years after Goseiger. E.g. Kai looks about five or six years older than he did in Magiranger (because that's how long it's been since Magiranger ended) not ten or fifteen or more years. Ditto for the Dekarangers, etc.

Huh? The Goseiger post series movie says that the Legend War takes place right after it. The time skip is supposedly between the Legend War and Gokaiger, not Goseiger and the Legend War. 2 years or so would be enough, I guess, so no one should be looking older.

Lurker
@monkeyjb1988:

When it comes to the Kakuranger tribute, I don't think that they'll skip out on having Teruaki Ogawa for that tribute at all, especially considering that he also played as one of the 35 main protagonist Reds in Sentai (barring Time Fire & Kaoru being main protagonist Reds).

Minato Ascending
Nope...which to me should shut up the ranger junkies out there. Toei has too much on their fuckin minds to even think about PR nods.

If anything it would/should have happened in the filleriest filler episode...but it hasn't...and probably won't.

Yeah, it's one thing to give some nods to PR SPD with the henshin sequence, but it is quite another to feature a Power Rangers-exclusive ranger in the GoGoV tribute episode. That'd be acknowledging the existence of the PR Universe, which Super Sentai doesn't need.

Anyway, saw this episode, and I think it's not only nice to get an episode that focuses on the two lovely girls of Gokaigers, we also get some more backstory on Luka and why she acts protective toward Ahim, it's also good break from the Gai streak that we have had since his introduction (although he has certainly tune down his antics recently). I'm just not too sure about GoGoV's Ultimate Powers, though; it's only good to put out fires? At least it won't get lost among the powers from Goseiger, Gekiranger, and other offensive Ultimates.

amazing Gogo V episode. GoPink is surprisingly hot, like she's really hot lol..e ven for a lady in her 30's (well they kinda are the sexiest in that age range..)

but well. ugh Gai. sorry for hating on him but I hate how the actor almost over-exaggerates every scene possible... they need to chill on Gold Mode cos it's ugly. VERY, ugly.

I actually like Gold Mode. It's easy once you learn to subconsciously reject the fact that those are ranger masks.

I like the idea that Basco can take the Grand Powers by force. Since it throws a wrench into the treasure hunt. Which is what I wanted to see Zangyack do the moment they found out why the Gokaigers are on Earth. If that idiot Oiles Gil haven't dismissed it.

Now the Gokaigers not just have to gain the trust of the older Rangers but also protect them from Basco.

I just wish they would let Basco get a few Great Powers.... I mean at least make things more interesting. It is getting old to me quickly, how easy they are getting the powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.