Endless Space 2, the turn-based strategy science fiction 4X game from Amplitude Studios, is expanding later this week with Awakening. Once again you are given the task of commanding a space empire and making it as strong as possible.
You lead the Nakalim, a new faction with highly advanced technology….that lacks the capability to advance further. To do so you’ll have to track down temples and acquire powerful relics, as well as re-conquer lands you lost control of long ago.
“Many of you will remember NGD Studios, who worked with us on the last two expansions for Endless Legend,” says Amplitude. “They did such a wonderful job that, with the community’s blessing, we were confident in entrusting them with our cherished ES2. The result is a faction whose gameplay we’re willing to bet is unlike anything you’ve seen so far.”
- Nakalim – This new major faction has a large technology headstart, but with weaker science, depends on discovering lost Relics to learn new technologies. Their relationship with the Academy allows them to gain control over other systems through the Influence of their temples.
- Four new Heroes – The Nakalim are explorers, warriors, and believers. Use these heroes to master exploration and for developing systems and diplomatic influence.
- New fleet – Re-discover and take control of your ancient territories with heavily defended exploration-oriented fleets.
- Minor Faction – Xirmisala – Dust-sensitive philosophers whose skills were defined by the community via a Games2Gether vote.
- Academy empire – If you had one question for Isyander, what would it be? Finally, the Academy becomes an empire with the ability to manage star systems, fleets, & colonize new worlds. Contribute to their expansion, and you will be duly rewarded with special Academy roles that will give you special powers & bonuses, as well as access to the Academy’s own fleet of impressive ships.
Endless Space 2: Awakening launches this Thursday, September 12. Pre-orders opened last week.