Poland-based Shockwork Games has just launched the Kickstarter campaign for their turn-based tactical stealth game Alder’s Blood. Pledge by heading to this link.
In Alder’s Blood you play as a Hunter — a professional monster slayer, and not an easy job in the game’s world. No matter how skilled the Hunter is, monsters are still much more powerful and cannot be defeated in direct combat. To kill them, you have to get clever on the battlefield…sneak up behind them, use magical spells and team up with other Hunters to slay monsters as a team. Otherwise, you’re lunch!
- Stealth, ambush-based combat. Try to outsmart and outwit all the horrifying creatures you’ll be facing, as they are way stronger and you don’t stand a chance in a direct assault;
- Diverse, challenging opponents. From werewolves to vampires, all monsters have their unique attacks and skills and can easily see, hear, or smell you from a distance. So be careful not to reveal your position too early;
- Stamina-based characters. Cautiously manage your energy level between attacking, moving and casting spells. In the end, you’re only a human and running out of energy will seriously fatigue you;
- A grim world plunged into half-darkness. In this world our god has finally turned his back on us, and his corrupt presence can change the intensity of the battlefield: from summoning monsters, through changing the weather, to transforming creatures into powerful avatars of his will;
- A vagabond’s exploration system. Travel the world, bringing your mobile base along with you. Take shelter in and manage your camp, but be wary of enemy ambushes;
- A unique fusion of dark Victorian fantasy and the Wild West. Immerse yourself in a world completely different from the one you know – a universe shaped by struggle, where mankind has not had the freedom to develop or advance any of its technology.
$20 is the lowest pledge you can make to secure a copy of Alder’s Blood. With it you’ll also get your name in the credits, some free wallpapers, and avatars and banners for use on social media. Upping the pledge to $30 grants you access to the closed beta whenever it becomes available, and a $60 pledge gets you the Digital Deluxe Edition with everything mentioned previously plus access to the closed ALPHA, a digital artbook and soundtrack, and a developers’ documentary.
The game will be coming out anyway whether the crowdfunding goal is met or not, but the campaign will help Shockwork deliver the title in its most polished and complete form. Alder’s Blood is targeted for a January 2020 release.