Shockwork Games and No Gravity Games will be releasing their turn-based tactical stealth title Alder’s Blood to PC via Steam early next year.
In Alder’s Blood you play as a Hunter — a professional monster slayer, and not an easy job in the game’s world. No matter how skilled the Hunter is, monsters are still much more powerful and cannot be defeated in direct combat. To kill them, you have to get clever on the battlefield…sneak up behind them, use magical spells and team up with other Hunters to slay monsters as a team. Otherwise, you’re lunch!
- Stealth, ambush-based combat. Try to outsmart and outwit all the horrifying creatures you’ll be facing, as they are way stronger and you don’t stand a chance in a direct assault;
- Diverse, challenging opponents. From werewolves to vampires, all monsters have their unique attacks and skills and can easily see, hear or smell you from the distance. So be careful not to reveal your position too early;
- Stamina-based characters. Cautiously manage your energy level between attacking, moving and casting spells. In the end, you’re only a human and running out of energy will seriously fatigue you;
- A grim world plunged in half-darkness. In this world, our god has finally turned his back on us and his corrupt presence can change the intensity of the battlefield. From summoning monsters, through changing the weather, to transforming one of the creatures into a powerful avatar of his will;
- A vagabond’s exploration system. Travel the world bringing your mobile base along with you. Take shelter in and manage your camp, but be wary of enemy ambushes;
- A unique fusion of dark Victorian fantasy and wild west. Immerse yourself in a world so different from the one you know. The universe shaped by struggle, where mankind has not had the freedom to develop or advance any of its technology.
You can expect Alder’s Blood to arrive in the first quarter of 2020, assuming development goes well. Here’s the latest trailer….