There are many video games in history that can be called “trendsetters”, especially those that helped create or establish a genre. Mario did platformers, Metroid and Castlevania made a franchise their own, and on and on it goes. But for the genre of post-apocalyptic RPGs, that was all started with Wasteland. This series took a new look at RPGs and created something that has been mimicked, duplicated, but rarely ever perfectly replicated. And now, the team at inXile Entertainment are offering you the chance to get a complete version of the game to celebrate its 30th anniversary.
The 30th-anniversary bundle is available now on Steam for $44.99, and it contains the following things:
- Wasteland 1 – The Original Classic
- Wasteland – 30th Anniversary Edition remaster (due early 2019)
- Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut
- Digital Extras:
- Wasteland 3 Music Track “Frozen Waste”
- Wasteland 2 Novella: All Bad Things
- Wasteland 2 Novella: The Earth Transformed Ghost Book One
- Wasteland 2 Novella: Death Machines Ghost Book Two
- Wasteland 2 Concept Art Book
- Wasteland 2 Choir Songs EP
- Wasteland 2 Original Soundtrack
Basically, you’re getting everything the franchise has to offer, plus something to come in 2019 when the time is right. So if you’ve never played this game before, this is the moment to do so.
“The original is one of the games that I am most proud of and certainly one of the most influential,” said inXile CEO Brian Fargo. “The sequel helped launch an era of crowdfunding as a viable platform for game development and let us focus on making the kinds of games that we love to make and that our players want. With the third title, we’re continuing to develop this world we started in 1988 and we’re excited to provide the first taste of what we have in store for players.”
Oh, and if you’re curious about what the remaster will offer, it’ll bring updated graphics, the ability to work on any system through any graphical resolution, and have many more updates to help make the game even better.