A new competitor has entered the ring in the battle for physical video game collector dollars. Physicality Games soft-launched early last year with open preorders for three titles: Slayaway Camp, Guilty Gear 20th Anniversary Pack, and Rolling Gunner. These preorders are still open, but only for another month.
Until now, the only way to know these games were coming was to closely watch Physicality Games on social media. Now they have their own fancy website where you can get apparel, gift cards, soundtracks and accessories. They’ve also made a number of improvements to their new store based on suggestions from fans. Such as….
- $5 Pre-Order System: Recognizing that times are tough for all, fans can now pre-order any game (Standard or Deluxe Edition) from Physicality Games with a $5, up-front deposit to secure their game. All customers with existing pre-orders will be refunded their payments minus the $5 deposit, and then invoiced the difference between the deposit and full cost of the game when a ship date is announced.
- Product Status Page: The Pre-Order Progress Bar has been removed in favor of a Product Status page that offers an unrivaled level of transparency and detail, listing quantities remaining, status on printed parts, ROM approval status, production sample images, and more.
- Clear Pre-Order Dates: Game product pages now feature clearly-labeled pre-order close dates.
- Limited Deluxe Editions: Deluxe Edition games will now be limited to 3,500 pieces on Nintendo Switch™ and 2,500 pieces on PlayStation®4 worldwide.
- Collector’s Certificates: All Physicality Games’ titles will now include a Collector’s Certificate card, with Deluxe Edition certificates featuring individual numbering.
- Community: Community profiles have new social sharing and order history features.
- Charity: Featured charities have been refreshed and a 2x donation multiplier is in effect from May 26-31 as part of Physicality Games’ Grand Opening.
“It has always been our vision to create a community with the best games and Deluxe Editions. A place where fans and collectors could always buy the game they wanted while also supporting charity,” aays Physicality Games President & CEO Bill Swartz. “Our community made it clear to us that the attraction of Deluxe Editions is in their collectability, and to be collectable there had to be a cap on availability. We are honoring that by limiting the number of Deluxe Editions we will make for each title. We are preserving the ability for fans and collectors to get the game they want by keeping our Standard Edition games unlimited, and making all of our games available with an initial pre-order deposit of only $5.”
What will Physicality Games be selling next? You’ll want to keep an eye on the site to find out. Sign up for the Physicality Games Newsletter at https://newsletter.physicalitygames.com.