Portugese developer Imagination Overflow has combined the traditional space shooter with the exploration elements of a roguelike to create Stellar Interface, which arrives on Switch today.
Much deeper than a mindless shooter, Stellar Interface gives you an entire randomly-generated galaxy to explore. As you progress through the game, you’ll unlock more powerful spacecrafts with new gameplay styles, but your enemies will evolve as well.
Stellar Interface can be played in three modes: Classic, Endless Wave (where you play until you explode), and Lost mode, which is technically two modes in one — it enhances Classic or Endless Wave to make them much harder!
- Rogue-like Elements: With a randomly generated universe and randomized perks, no journey will ever be the same! What will happen to you, in your own unique apocalyptic cataclysmic transgalactic voyage?
- Synergistic Perk System: Over 100 perks and consumables! Look out for the synergistic nature of the perks that suits your playstyle!
- Galactic Bounties: Complete over 100 missions to participate in the StellarNET Entertainment System lottery!
- Customize Your Start: Choose your spacecraft: there is one for every playstyle, as they have unique starting perks. You can personalize your arsenal from numerous weapons: cannons, missiles and lasers!
- Unlock Spacecrafts, View Your Progress: Check out what have you accomplished in our in-game encyclopedia StellarNET. Unlock new spacecrafts, kill all the bosses to progress in StellarNET’s kill table. Check which perks and consumables you have used and seen, and what is your progress towards the achievements!
- Explore the Universe: Some levels are more special than others: Merchants, Bosses, Spacecraft Factories. Fight through lower-difficulty levels to stock up on perks, or just streamline to the end-boss if you feel powerful enough!
- Controller Support: Plug-and-play with any kind of controller!
Check out Stellar Interface today on Switch — it’s also available on PC (via Steam) and XBox One.