Ship of Heroes is aiming to help make the superhero MMORPG genre special again, and to do that, they’re making sure that players have options in regards to powers. And for Halloween, the appropriately named Dark Magic powerset has been revealed. Below you’ll find what makes it so special, as well as a video showing off the abilities.
Some points about the Dark Magic Powerset:
• The Dark Magic Blast powerset video from Ship of Heroes is the fourth video showcasing a full powerset for this new MMO.
• With this release, the devs have now shown over sixty unique powers that their space-traveling heroes can employ, out of nearly 200 scheduled to be available at launch.
• Dark Magic Blast fulfills the promise that there would be magically-derived powers aboard the FHS Justice.
• The description of how mages gain their powers, viewable on the Ship of Heroes website, gives viewers insight into another side of the space MMO’s rich story.
• Dark Magic Blast is the first powerset created entirely with custom animations and FX produced by the dev team at Heroic Games. The powers are all unique, exclusive content; no purchased assets were used in their creation.
• While the Ship of Heroes team often upgrades existing animations, FX, and SFX, this footage hints at what the SoH team can create with their own resources.
• The power demonstrations came out on Halloween, offering fans a holiday video while also fulfilling yet another item on the MMO’s development roadmap.
• The devs at Ship of Heroes almost always record their videos in-game using a client-server arrangement, and not in the engine editor; this makes their videos both riskier and more meaningful, because the full client-server architecture replicates what a player can see and do more thoroughly.
Like this Article? Subscribe to Our Feed!