Indie games publisher, Keybol Games and developer, Drix Studios released Grand Guilds today. The story-driven, turn-based cards RPG is available for $19.99 on the Nintendo eShop and Steam, and $9.99 on Utomik. The launch follows the success of their Kickstarter campaign, which pledged over $30k.
Grand Guilds features unique card combat mechanics in which players follow Eliza and her guildmates throughout Irin, a land on the verge of war, as she exposes a mystery that plagues the guilds of the continent.
Eliza returns to the city of Ozryn as a horde of creatures set fire to the streets. After dispatching the enemies, Eliza and her guild seek to find the origin of the attackers. They discover attacks happened throughout the continent at the same time. Eliza and her trusted guildmates must discern the motive behind the assaults before a worse fate is met.
Players will learn the basics of strategic combat using skill cards, as they customize each character’s playstyle. Each character has mechanics unique to them and abilities that will help complete missions, increase reputation, and earn bonus points. The game’s community will see the release of some free DLCs down the road as a thank you for their support. The first DLC will be available two months after the launch of Grand Guilds.
Features of Grand Guilds include:
- Turn-Based Strategy – Learn the fundamentals of tactical combat. Positioning and terrain matter.
- Card Combat System – Skill cards will form the abilities of your units, making each turn dynamic, and every decision important.
- Deck Building – Customize each character by personalizing their skill decks. Obtain powerful new abilities by completing quests and leveling up.
- Guild Quests – Embark on missions that return rewards and earn bonuses that will aid in combat.
- Diverse Cast – Each character has unique abilities and mechanics that let them fill various roles in your guild, such as damage dealer, support or tank
- Epic Narrative – Uncover the mysteries of Irin, a continent on the brink of war. Follow Eliza and her guild as they quest through this magical, vast world.
- Voice Acting – Characters make their feelings known their feelings through dialogue using short phrases and shout out their actions in combat.