There are now 20 Marvel Cinematic Universe movies in existence, which means it’s time to screen all of them in one giant festival. And we mean “giant” in both senses of the word — this festival is exclusive to IMAX theaters. Three of the movies in the list below, Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk and Captain America: The First Avenger, were not originally released in the IMAX format. Now they will be!
Fortunately for human biology, Disney does not plan to screen every single one of these in one sitting. That’s why it’s a “festival” — the marathon has been broken up into four movies per day, which is still a lot considering none of them run below two hours. Fortunately this is NOT a ticket you have to buy in bulk — they’l be sold individually. Pick your favorites from this schedule and see ’em on the REALLY big screen.
- August 30: Iron Man, TheIncredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor
- August 31: Captain America: The First Avenger, The Avengers, Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World
- September 1: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
- September 2: Captain Ameica: Civil War, Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Spider-Man Homecoming
- September 3: Thor Ragnarok, Black Panther, Avengers Infinity War, Ant-Man and The Wasp
There are three more days in the festival. After this comes assortments based on themes: “Origins” on Sept. 4 and “Team-ups” on Sept. 5. What screens on September 6 will be the result of a fan poll.
- September 4: Iron Man, Spider-Man Homecoming, Black Panther, Doctor Strange
- September 5: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Captain America: Civil War, The Avengers, Avengers: Infinity War
- September 6: ???
The Marvel Studios 20th Anniversary Film Festival begins August 30; check for a participating IMAX theater near you.