Legrand Legacy, the JRPG from developer SemiSoft, has been fully funded on Kickstarter, with the Indie game getting the £40,000 it needed in order to complete its campaign; it had just three days left in order to reach its goal. The Kickstarter campaign came just two months after the original campaign failed to reach the funding required to be successful, even after SemiSoft offered increased incentives to potential backers.
Speaking about finishing the Kickstarter campaign, William “Uwil” Winata, lead game designer at SemiSoft, said:
“We’re proud of the community that we’ve built during both Kickstarter campaigns for Legrand Legacy. Not only did they show us full support for rebooting the campaign, they’ve returned enforce and have pushed us over the funding line! We now hope achieve some of the stretch goals, that we’ve revealed and look forward to delivering Legrand Legacy to our eager fans. The team and I are now even more motivated, thanks to the funding, press and public reception to our game, to live up to the expectations of true JRPG fans everywhere.”
The game is set to have a number of features upon release, including:
- A fully immersive experience with detailed universe designs, live 2D, and a rich storyline.
- 2.5D visuals – 3D models and original assets with stylized hand-drawn 2D backgrounds.
- Stunning in-game 3D cinematics.
- Turn-based combat with Quick Time Event (aka ACT – Action Circle Tempo) that will test strategy and keep players on their toes.
- Put a war general hat on and deploy troops to wars.
- Recruit Non Player Characters (NPCs) to revamp your Headquarters.
- Take on rewarding side quests to find the ultimate loot for your characters.
- Customize items and grimoire that characters can wield, set combat formation, or review the journal to track quests.
- Collect loot from slain enemies and craft items or sell them for quick cash.
- Expected playtime is more than 30 hours.
Legrand Legacy is a tactical turn-based JRPG that takes you on a journey through a chaotic world that’s torn apart by civil war and threatened by an otherworldly invasion. You play as Finn, the reluctant leader of a band of unlikely heroes, who soon discovers that the true peril to their universe lies within themselves. The game combines beautiful hand drawn backgrounds with highly detailed character models and environmental effects, to deeply immerse players in the world of Legrand.