Publisher Daedalic Entertainment and indie developer Action Squad Studios are partnering to launch Iron Danger, a tactical combat RPG. Today they revealed their March target date and a new trailer to go with it.
The world is at war, and both sides have diabolical steampunk machinery at their disposal….and magic. Things look bad for the human race if they can’t cool it. That’s where Kipuna comes in….emerging from a small village, she possesses an ancient and feared power that lets her control time. Fortunately Kipuna is good. I mean, that depends on you, since you’re controlling her, but if you actually want to win the game, she’s good.
With the time-rewinding element in place, battling in Iron Danger is less about brute force and more of an exercise in puzzle-solving. The right strategy to win each fight may not be apparent at first without experimentation. As the movie poster says, LIVE, DIE, REPEAT.
- Master unique time-rewind mechanics and experience a new take on tactical combat, fusing the best aspects of real-time and turn-based systems.
- Utilize highly interactive environments to gain an advantage over your enemies and succeed against impossible odds.
- Adventure into a world of steampunk fantasy, meeting unique inhabitants inspired by Finnish folklore.
- Fight epic boss monsters on the path to fulfill your destiny.
- No grinding! Character progression is balanced throughout your journey with over 15 hours of gameplay!
The new trailer for Iron Danger is embedded below. The game is coming to PC, Mac and Linux March 25.