Dr. Kucho! Games, the indie game studio founded by EDM artist Dr. Kucho!, has released Ghosts ‘n DJs: a satirical sidescroller where you, as Kucho, must leap around and save the world from domination by fake musical artists. The game takes obvious inspiration from Ghosts ‘n Goblins, and features music by Kucho’s pal deadmau5 (Kucho can also equip a deadmau5 headpiece in the game).
This game costs nothing, and it isn’t supported with microtransactions either. “This game is free because we encourage fans to collaborate with game-related charities,” says Kucho. Downloaders are prompted to donate to one of four charity organizations: Gamer’s Outreach, Child’s Play, TheRockinR, and Extra Life.
- Satirical pixel-art run and gun side-scrolling action platformer.
- Inspired by the classic arcade hit Ghosts’n Goblins.
- Set in a parallel universe in which the music scene is being dominated by fake DJ’s.
- 3 stages, 5 different enemies, walking and flying enemy behaviors, and one final boss.
- 4 regular weapons + deadmau5 head as armor and super weapon.
- 4 levels of difficulty for beginners and ultra hard core players.
- Super fast and fluid action gameplay.
- CRT filter for arcade feel.
- FX sounds based on 8 bit YM2203 and MOS6581 sound chips.
- Fully created by the house music legend Dr. Kucho!
- Featuring deadmau5.
“The soundtrack in Ghosts’n DJs features 4 tracks made by deadmau5: Polaris, 4Ware, GG and Three Pound Chicken Wing,” Kucho says. Ghosts ‘n DJs is downloadable today on Steam.