Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger EP 17 - "Rock solid! Kyoryu Gray!"

Nossan knows how to be a hero. So he'll make a fine leader.

[HIDE]
1o3l.jpg
[/HIDE]
 
I havent been following any new Toku lately. I decided to watch this episode just on a whim to see whats going on and hoping it would rekindle some kind of passion for the genre.

The Bad:
-What kind of stupid-ass lesson is this? "If your technique fails just try harder and overpower your problems." That's like saying "well if you can't lift 100 pounds then you should try harder and yell and it will just magically happen." Not training, not the idea of finding other ways to lift the 100 pounds, just overpower your problems and think about your friends.
I mean passion is a great motivator but that leads me to the other problem I had with the episode:
-Was Gray suggesting the rangers couldnt win before because they weren't trying? I mean ****, Green ranger was fucking up the Meteor guy out of no where. Why couldnt he do that before? Was he just apathetic or complacent or something? Maybe they needed Gray after-all if they just weren't trying before.

The Good:
-Loved the end where Red couldnt pull it off because even though he beat the test he had no where to improve. If you're the best that means you have no where to improve and ultimately you will weaken through lack of motivation and drive to become stronger.

I don't think this situation is going to last. In ep 18 I suspect Red is going to make some self discovery and pull some bull **** out of his ass that makes him strong.

I just felt like the challenges in the episode were easily overcome and the way they were beaten was a terrible solution.

The ending really made up for it though.
 
Despite his puns, Nossan is the only one of the main five that doesn't get on my nerves. He doesn't spout off random English for no reason, he has something (and someone) he actually fights for, and I just like the fact he's an older Sentai member. Daigo is just a beam of sunshine, Ian wants to be Gai/Black Condor but doesn't come close to matching him, Souji is just...there, and Amy is treated as nothing more but the token female.

So yeah, I would still follow Nossan, Utchy, Ramirez, and Grey. I can live without literally everyone else.

SaikoDragon said:
-What kind of stupid-ass lesson is this? "If your technique fails just try harder and overpower your problems." That's like saying "well if you can't lift 100 pounds then you should try harder and yell and it will just magically happen." Not training, not the idea of finding other ways to lift the 100 pounds, just overpower your problems and think about your friends.
I mean passion is a great motivator but that leads me to the other problem I had with the episode:
-Was Gray suggesting the rangers couldnt win before because they weren't trying? I mean ****, Green ranger was fucking up the Meteor guy out of no where. Why couldnt he do that before? Was he just apathetic or complacent or something? Maybe they needed Gray after-all if they just weren't trying before.

Oh man, this. I completely forgot to bitch about this. Laziest training episode ever.
 
Ian wants to be Gai/Black Condor but doesn't come close to matching him

I really don't see this? He had a bit of that vibe in his first focus episode, but quickly got over it. He's not a foil or rival to King and he's not antagonistic like Black Condor was. He's more of a light-hearted playboy character? More of a BoukenBlue type, while BoukenBlack would be the character that's trying too hard to imitate Black Condor.
 
Last edited:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top