Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger EP 17 - "Rock solid! Kyoryu Gray!"

I'm kinda torn. On one hand, I like Daigo and I hate the idea that being cheerful or winning people over easily makes him a bad character. On the other, Grey wanted to replace him with Ucchi, and I love Ucchi :sweat:
 
I'm kinda torn. On one hand, I like Daigo and I hate the idea that being cheerful or winning people over easily makes him a bad character. On the other, Grey wanted to replace him with Ucchi, and I love Ucchi :sweat:

He's not a bad character. I just don't care for him.
 
Gray isn't literally expelling Daigo from the team, he's offering them a deal (kick him out and he'll handle Bunpachy). Anyway, what i really liked is the reasoning that Daigo's lack of weakness is preventing him from evolving. Great episode, and the next one looks promising too.
 
Gray isn't literally expelling Daigo from the team, he's offering them a deal (kick him out and he'll handle Bunpachy). Anyway, what i really liked is the reasoning that Daigo's lack of weakness is preventing him from evolving. Great episode, and the next one looks promising too.

It sounds like Tessai is still testing Daigo. To where he has to confront whatever his weakness is and grow from it.
 
He's not a bad character. I just don't care for him.

I wasn't referring to you in general, but ever since the first couple of episodes I've seen a lot of "Daigo wins too easily" around the fandom and it gets to me. And now being aware of Grey's motivation, I don't like him either. Hey, Toei! Drop all that "perfection is bad/weakness is good/flaws are ~interesting~" nonsense and give me my super-powerful hero already
 
I wasn't referring to you in general, but ever since the first couple of episodes I've seen a lot of "Daigo wins too easily" around the fandom and it gets to me. And now being aware of Grey's motivation, I don't like him either. Hey, Toei! Drop all that "perfection is bad/weakness is good/flaws are ~interesting~" nonsense and give me my super-powerful hero already
The fandom is, well, right, though. Daigo has been the least characterized character in the entire show by a mile, only getting "he does everything right" for any real characterization, and I think it's actually really damn good that this is happening - and I say this as someone who really likes Daigo. But "perfect" just doesn't make for good storytelling, not to mention it makes it hard to have good focus episodes. ... Or, ironically, you make being perfect a problem, like so, and make THAT the focus episode!

I think that's actually really creative, to be honest. I was worried they'd written themselves into a corner with Daigo, but here they go with this. Major props to the writers here, I say.

As far as Grey goes, I think he's a pretty awesome character so far. Calling everyone on their crap, getting right down to business, and just being a general hard headed, cool dude.
 
As far as Grey goes, I think he's a pretty awesome character so far. Calling everyone on their crap, getting right down to business, and just being a general hard headed, cool dude.

Or being a jerk who basically resents Daigo for being his equal?

(I may be biased here, since I really dislike Masayuki Deai, but my general reaction is ... ugh. I don't want to see the show make Daigo look weak)
 
Or being a jerk who basically resents Daigo for being his equal?

(I may be biased here, since I really dislike Masayuki Deai, but my general reaction is ... ugh. I don't want to see the show make Daigo look weak)
I'm sorry, but I am going to have to assume you didn't even watch the episode. The guy isn't that personal about it at all. He wants a functioning team that can continue to grow with the enemy, and as the episode showed: Daigo is, currently, stuck. From his standpoint (this is a guy who is older and has more experience than even our Utchy, mind), he's merely helping the team be the best it can be - and from a logical standpoint, if you have a leader that can't grow stronger IS a problem.

But RESENT? That's a ridiculously strong word for such a calm character, especially one we just met AND especially considering we're probably going to see that he's just trying to train/test Daigo with this little subplot anyway.

And it's one we desperately needed, I think. Daigo really has been far too perfect AND he's gotten zero focus episodes, really. This is killing two decently sized birds with one well thought out stone, I think.

That, and I am LOVING Grey's design. Shame on the people who were complaining because of the color!
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top