Zangyack; most boring villains ever?

The Zangyack are boring because they don't pose any sort of credible threat. 90% of the commanders they bring in are complete jokes who get tossed aside after one episode.

Because we wouldn't want anything to get in the way of the constant barrage of fanservice now, would we?
 
Because we wouldn't want anything to get in the way of the constant barrage of fanservice now, would we?

I don't think fanservice is GoKaiger's problem. That would imply there was a constant focus on it and for a show that's supposed to be a big anniversary celebration there really hasn't been to the degree one might think.

The problems with GoKaiger basically boil down to having ineffective villains (even when things are established that could potentially make them effective villains like Barizorgs backstory) and a group of heroes who are so often not allowed to react to anything or anyone with anything besides "heh." The exceptions of course being Ahim whose default is polite and Doc whose default is ":O".

Then you have Gai and as much as I felt like GokaiSilver was tacked on at the beginning since he literally runs into the story from the side out of left field, he's pretty much the shows most dynamic character. He's also allowed to actually learn something from the various sempai.

Right now, GoKaiger has kinda become what I was afraid it was going to be. Something that was just sightly more competent than Decade but that's all. I need to check out the 199 movie but from what I hear the movie by itself may make a better celebration than this entire series.
 
Last edited:
Zangyack are better-written as villains in 199 Heroes than they have been in the entire TV show to date, I'll say that much.
 
I feel zangyak is more underdeveloped. I dont feel the same threat that the vyram from jetman or the empire from ohranger had

I agree the Zangyack are underdeveloped but I don't like the comparison to the Vyram. Of course the Zangyack are going to come up short compared to the Vyram. Pretty much any villain group would come up short compared to the Vyram.
 
Well i feel its a legitimate criticism since their first invasion took every super sentai team ever to drain their powers to ward them off
 
I agree that the Zangyack being underdeveloped and non-threatening at times is a legitimate criticism, but comparing them to the Vyram, one of the best (if not the best) Sentai villain groups ever, I think is unfair. I personally don't care much for the Zangyack, but after the last two episodes, I'm hoping we'll see the potential we saw in the early episodes, at least from the emperor. There's also Basco, who despite his lack of screentime, has been the best villain on Gokaiger so far.

Other than the villains, however, I think Gokaiger has hit the mark on everything else it's set out to accomplish. Most of the tribute episodes are well-written, the storyline is descent, the cast is solid. It's taken the writers a while to get around to developing all of the characters, but they're getting there.
 
Zangyack are better-written as villains in 199 Heroes than they have been in the entire TV show to date, I'll say that much.

But the primary villain in the 199 Heroes Battle movie is really the Black Cross King, not the Zangyack Empire.
 
It was kinda weird how Zangyack showed up for the first ten minutes and then was just like "okay, you guys take care of this" and then went away. Was there a reason Black Cross King even bothered negotiating with him at all?
 
It was kinda weird how Zangyack showed up for the first ten minutes and then was just like "okay, you guys take care of this" and then went away. Was there a reason Black Cross King even bothered negotiating with him at all?

Obviously, it is that the Black Cross King is a polite villain who makes sure that he goes through all the proper channels and signs all the requisite forms, in triplicate, before beginning his campaign of terror and destruction to crush the hopes and dreams of all who live beneath his heel.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top