Zangyack; most boring villains ever?

I have to agree. The Zangyack were cool at first, I love their designs, and the episodes where they came to Earth were great. However, yes, what the hell is their purpose? Are they actually going to do anything? What happened to the whole thing about the generals being able to turn into generals from the past? Obviously that was never confirmed, but it is something that should have been there. Finally, when is the third dude (Damaras??) going to do something other than stand there and talk? I mean, he was conspiring with Insan way back in like episode 8, but that seems to have gone nowhere. Basco has done more in his few episodes than the entire fleet has done in 26. While I do not think they are anywhere near as bad and boring as the dudes from Shinkenger, it is time they either start doing something or they need to go.
 
The main issue with the Zangyack is that they're not really doing much. All of them are heavily underused and all we get for the most part are fights between the Gokaigers and the motw. It would be nice if there was some action, like the main villains actually fighting or having the fleet do an all-out attack.

That said, there are some things to consider. For example, it has been a while since Barizorg's backstory with Joe was touched upon, but there's been a lot of other stuff that has happened. We've had the introduction of two new characters, Basco and Gai. Things aren't going to always happen at an accelerated pace. [HIDE]There's also suppose to be an episode coming up that circles around Barizorg and Joe's backstory.[/HIDE]

Basco on the other hand I feel has been a solid villain. He's ruthless and menacing. Sure he's only appeared in 4 or so episodes, but they are trying to cover a lot of stuff in just 50 episodes. This includes character development for the cast, the story, and obtaining 34 different Super Sentai powers. Needless to say, that's a lot of work to do.
 
That said, there are some things to consider. For example, it has been a while since Barizorg's backstory with Joe was touched upon, but there's been a lot of other stuff that has happened. We've had the introduction of two new characters, Basco and Gai. Things aren't going to always happen at an accelerated pace. [HIDE]There's also suppose to be an episode coming up that circles around Barizorg and Joe's backstory.[/HIDE]

Well, the Shinkenger tribute arc was a part one version of Joe and Barizorg's backstory, but hopefully that will continue on after the next episode hopefully.
 
IMO I think this is a great season, but it's not "the best season evar" that everyone is making it out to be. I enjoyed Fourze in three weeks more than I enjoyed gokaiger in 2 months.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top