Y3K's Very Interesting Essay About SPD

That's my point. Y3k is taking our comments literally. Dude, we're just commenting. That's what people do on the internet, they comment. That doesnt mean you shouldnt have written the essay or should change your opinion. Keep doing what you do.

Interesting. So explain this to me. Why is it then whenever someone used to say in SPD episode discussion threads that they didn't like any certain aspect of it you'd jump and defend it to death while accusing these people of being biased Kalish-bashers?

Why is it that you can have this supposedly clear, calm perspective of things when you believe that someone else is an aggressor yet you can't realize that you've done the same thing in the past?

Not see easy to stop sounding hypocritcal when someone knows your history, is it?
 
I know your history very well. You stand strong in the things you love, (SPD, Kalish, HJU, etc.) and you absolutely refuse to even consider the idea that any of them could be bad/wrong .

Then you dont know me at all. It's true I'm passionate about things that I adore. However, I've always been open minded to different opinions and have, on times, changed my opinion when someone has truly taken the time to persuade me. SPD? I've actually talked about the faults of SPD numerous times and know of it's faults. I still choose to like the season.

But you know, um. This discussion is going no where. We can drop it now.

Interesting. So explain this to me. Why is it then whenever someone used to say in SPD episode discussion threads that they didn't like any certain aspect of it you'd jump and defend it to death while accusing these people of being biased Kalish-bashers?

lol, omg. You're talking about something that was two years ago and on a different board. What's wrong with you? I'm sorry, I dont mean to be rude. I would defend Kalish because I like defending the underdog. I felt he was being wrongfully bashed and I also felt people were being biased against him because he was the "new guy". But, again, that was two years ago. I dont even remember 99% of the things I said about SPD on that other message board. I've moved on, you should too, there's new shows to talk about and hey, people change. I've changed my opinion on things that I liked in the past.

Not to start some ****, but PR:OO has seriously made me doubt Kalish' work lately. But I would still defend his work on SPD. Maybe not MF or OO, but certainly SPD.

Man, wtf were we talking about anyway?
 
You've already stated that SPD wasn't meant to be thought about deeply. I agree. But again, that's what fanfics are for and that's the very nature of a discussion. It's amazing to me that so many people are complaining about this being thought about too much. Well, what do you want to do on a messageboard that is about PR, sentai and shows along that line? Do you want people to just say, "awesome" or "that sucked?" It's just perplexing that people would jump to the "it's just a kids' show" line. Why mock people for doing something is basically expected of them? If I came to a comic book discussion board I wouldn't start mocking people for thinking deeper about characters or events in the comics.

No one is judging PR as a primetime drama here. Granted, I've seen that happen but that's not what y3k is going for. Again, he's just taking it to a deeper level and his entire essay (if you bothered to read it all) actually referenced many events that happened in SPD as his basis for his points. If you actually read what he wrote you might find out that you're agreeing with his thought process (not necessarily his actual points) more than you think.
Forgive me, I should have explained myself a little better in my first post, and yes, I did read the entire essay, I'm not one to ignore words. As I stated, I usually try not to be one that stifles intelligent discussion on the matter, but after years of seeing a multitude of shows judged as if they were primetime drama and have those "faults" be reasons people rip into the people behind and in the show, it can become pretty annoying and I did have to read the essay a second time as I was in a hurry the first, so that's my fault for not properly reading and thinking y3k was just another one of those people trying to rip into the show for said reasons.

I do agree with some of his points and thought process (to a point) and would love to see PR actually get to the point where things like this are discussed in show. Personally though, I wouldn't put fourth that amount of effort into an essay for a show that will likely never, or at least not for a long while to come, give those thoughts any validation, and by that I simply mean allowing those points to be discussed in show in an in depth manner.
 
Then you dont know me at all. It's true I'm passionate about things that I adore. However, I've always been open minded to different opinions and have, on times, changed my opinion when someone has truly taken the time to persuade me. SPD? I've actually talked about the faults of SPD numerous times and know of it's faults. I still choose to like the season.

But you know, um. This discussion is going no where. We can drop it now.

lol, omg. You're talking about something that was two years ago and on a different board. What's wrong with you? I'm sorry, I dont mean to be rude. I would defend Kalish because I like defending the underdog. I felt he was being wrongfully bashed and I also felt people were being biased against him because he was the "new guy". But, again, that was two years ago. I dont even remember 99% of the things I said about SPD on that other message board. I've moved on, you should too, there's new shows to talk about and hey, people change. I've changed my opinion on things that I liked in the past.

Not to start some ****, but PR:OO has seriously made me doubt Kalish' work lately. But I would still defend his work on SPD. Maybe not MF or OO, but certainly SPD.

Man, wtf were we talking about anyway?

"LOL, I'm backed into a corner so I'm just going to try to laugh it off. Hahas!"

So you've completely changed in two years? Oh, it was on a different board so it doesn't matter! You must just be a completely different person on this one, right? You've suddenly turned from a hypocritical till-the-death defender with a totally closed-mind to a very open-minded guy who accepts all opinions, right?

Interesting.

You say one thing but a single glance at your posts says another thing. I've noticed that about you for a while. The second you've been completely proven to be a liar you just try to brush it off and make everyone move on. It doesn't work that way, Tiffany.

You've proven time and time again that you love to dish it out but refuse to take it. It's easy for you to defend everything you believe in without considering other possibilities but once someone presents to you a line of thinking that doesn't fit your's you go running while making excuses. You condeem others for doing the same thing you do.

As y3k said, "only returnin' the favor."
 
God damn, Ryou. Feels like you and me are just fighting an uphill battle against one dude or something. So much excitement over an essay.
 
Forgive me, I should have explained myself a little better in my first post, and yes, I did read the entire essay, I'm not one to ignore words. As I stated, I usually try not to be one that stifles intelligent discussion on the matter, but after years of seeing a multitude of shows judged as if they were primetime drama and have those "faults" be reasons people rip into the people behind and in the show, it can become pretty annoying and I did have to read the essay a second time as I was in a hurry the first, so that's my fault for not properly reading and thinking y3k was just another one of those people trying to rip into the show for said reasons.

I do agree with some of his points and thought process (to a point) and would love to see PR actually get to the point where things like this are discussed in show. Personally though, I wouldn't put fourth that amount of effort into an essay for a show that will likely never, or at least not for a long while to come, give those thoughts any validation, and by that I simply mean allowing those points to be discussed in show in an in depth manner.

See? This is actually pretty fair and I appreciate that. Heck, I don't even agree with everything he said either. I see some wholes in it but it's definitely fascinating too.

If anything I appreciate it because I know it'll make some people think and I know it definitely gave me some writing ideas. As long as someone is open-minded enough to at least consider other ideas it's all good to me. Seeing them dismissed just because people don't agree with them is rather irksome.
 
blah blah blah

White, I dont care. I stopped caring 3 posts ago. You can move on now. This isnt a contest. If you just came here to piss on certain members, then it's time for you to leave. This is HJU. Me and Ryou have dont nothing but try to address your comments but you continue to belittle everyone who replies to you.
 
God damn, Ryou. Feels like you and me are just fighting an uphill battle against one dude or something. So much excitement over an essay.

You should actually read what he wrote. (Is this your new habit? Do you just reply ASSUMING what other people wrote before you?) He at least is being someone open-minded. It was more miscommunication than anything with you. You? You're different. You lack consideration even in it's lowest form.
 
God damn, Ryou. Feels like you and me are just fighting an uphill battle against one dude or something. So much excitement over an essay.

Reminds me of Arnold, so much hate just for a few disgusting pictures.


If you think about, the "points" in the essay could be the basis for a pretty decent PR fan fic >__>
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top