Final Fantasy VII (1997): Mercenary Cloud Strife joins eco-terrorists to fight a megacorporation draining the planet’s life force. Its cinematic scope, Sephiroth, and 3D leap made it a global phenomenon. AKA Final Fantasy 7, FF7, FFVII
Aeris' death is one of the most shocking events in Final Fantasy franchise history. She is a well loved central character but she got killed so Cloud will have the motivation to have revenge against Sepiroth.
For sure her death is an Iconic moment of the game but what if the remake will give us a challenging option of trying to save her.
This can motivate players to play for a second time
I think it's hard to say what the alternative ending would be. Because we are already so much fixated on existing ending. And it kind of makes you feel like let's stick with what developers have made so far.
I am not sure if you read the topic or not but the Alternate ending is to save Aerith's life. If you are a fan of 7 you know her death is the reason why people hates Sepiroth because he killed her.
I can see where you are going with trying to tweak the remake in giving players the chance to change the storyline of the game in FF 7. As much as I would like to have it done in the remake, it would change the storyline of Cloud seeking revenge on Sepiroth for killing Aerith. So, it's just going to change the entire storyline and I'm not sure if it's worth it.
Yes, of course I would- and maybe make a time travel game- where you would you be able to go back in time and save Aerith. It would be great to get another try at this game though and stop Sephiroth from doing this evil thing. Aerith should have told Tifa or Barret where she was goiing though- and they could have maybe helped her?
I am not sure if you read the topic or not but the Alternate ending is to save Aerith's life. If you are a fan of 7 you know her death is the reason why people hates Sepiroth because he killed her.
Good point. But there seems to be another tangent to this where sepiroth can win and the game can be extended into another sequel. I am not sure if the developers planned such. But there are many such extension possibilities.
Yes, of course I would- and maybe make a time travel game- where you would you be able to go back in time and save Aerith. It would be great to get another try at this game though and stop Sephiroth from doing this evil thing. Aerith should have told Tifa or Barret where she was goiing though- and they could have maybe helped her?
Time traveling? I never thought of that, I'm sure it's going to be a good inclusion in the game if it's possible but it's still going to change the storyline from having a revenge quest which I believe made Cloud to have a strong dedication in getting justice.
Alternate endings add replay Value. Aerith's death is still the canon and official ending but seeing alternate scenarios will be nice. Let's say saving Aerith can have a harder difficulty.
We can also have a bad ending where Sepiroth wins and killed everyone. It will be the bad ending.
Bad Ending-Sepiroth kills everyone
Canon Ending- Aerith's death
Good Ending- Aerith still died but with a more dramatic and epic scenery like her having proper burial.
Hard mode ending- You will get to save Aerith
It's true that remaking the game to have alternative ending would force a lot of gamers who aren't pleased with the death of some characters to reply the game and it as well adds to the pocket of the game developers. So therefore, it's a win - win situation from the way I'm seeing it.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.