Would Djimon Hounsou make a good Black Panther?

He would... it's just I've never liked that black super heroes had to have "The Black" in their name.

Superheroes are all who we wish we could be. Projections of of super fantasy selves. It's how it is for almost any medium.

So, for the longest time, I've never really seen in the super hero world a guy that would best represent my hopeful superhero avatar. Instead we get guys that it seems like comic book says, "This is what you're like."

I know The Black Panther is classic and a long standing Avenger, but.. eh... I want a new series of black heroes that better represent the black geeks that actually read 'em.
 
He just might be the perfect fit for this.

And Keith, Black Panther's more than just a long standing Avenger. He's a lot more prominent now since Civil War started, and dude...he's married to Storm.:thumbs:
 
I'm not saying the sucks or anything, it's just... I want a black character that's like Wally West, Peter Parker, or Kon-El someday is all.

What's he up to now post Civil War?

All I'm saying is he's from an era where all black characters were "The Black" something. I'd like that hera to be left faaaaaaaarrrr behind.
 
I'm not saying the sucks or anything, it's just... I want a black character that's like Wally West, Peter Parker, or Kon-El someday is all.

What's he up to now post Civil War?

All I'm saying is he's from an era where all black characters were "The Black" something. I'd like that hera to be left faaaaaaaarrrr behind.

Ugh, I hear ya. They've still got it that every Native American hero has crazy shaman powers, and Asian heroes are always Dragon this or Tiger that... Comics desperately need to join the 21st century.
 
Ugh, I hear ya. They've still got it that every Native American hero has crazy shaman powers, and Asian heroes are always Dragon this or Tiger that... Comics desperately need to join the 21st century.
I'ts for the kids.



I dont mind it too much but I understand ya.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top