World Of Warcraft- Becomming a huge problem?

To me, If you play more then 5 hours a day, then something is wrong.


The people who made the game are fucking geniuses.


Five hours is where you draw the line? I'd put it much lower. I'd say >20 hours a week and you've got a problem. At five hours a day, on top of school/work/etc, it's a serious problem. Get out and get a real life!

I have friends who've become addicted to MMOs. It sucks to lose them.
 
I don't see how an MMO can be addicting. Doesn't the gameplay get less and less exciting as it chugs along? Maybe it's different for an MMO like WoW, but the first MMO experience was my last. City of Heroes it was, first impressions are everything.
 
World of Warcrack isn't even that all great. Only computer geeks who don't have a life get addicted.

5 hours a day is the maximum time that you should ever spend playing a online game. I spend a good half hour a night playing on my Gamecube. Maybe if World of Warcrack was good on the PS2, or some type of consel, it'd be better. There is something about playing games on the PC that makes you feel a whole lot diffrent then a game consel.



Does WoW come on game consels? Maybe putting it on one will fix the problem.
 
World of Warcrack isn't even that all great. Only computer geeks who don't have a life get addicted.

Well I tend to agree but I'm one of those people that plays the game. I have a job, social life, the works. I don't let it run my life. It is a fantastic game and if it wasnt, I wouldnt be playing it.
 
I don't see how an MMO can be addicting. Doesn't the gameplay get less and less exciting as it chugs along? Maybe it's different for an MMO like WoW, but the first MMO experience was my last. City of Heroes it was, first impressions are everything.

It's different tastes. MMOs are great for making new friends across the world. And if you are just going to play the game by yourself and kill monsters all day then yes, it will be boring. But I've made some great new friends and the adventures I've had in some MMOs are amazing and funny to look back on. You have a blast on the game when you play with friends. That's what it's all about. Which is why I dont play the game for more than 6 hours unless Im having a blast. I never let it run me. But just because the game kills off a few dumbasses with no lives, doesnt make it a bad game.

I grew up playing games like DQ, FF, CT, SoM, all the rpgs on NES and SNES and even PS1. I grew up leveling up and getting treasure. It was only natural I moved to MMORPGs eventually. And in many respects they are better because you meet some great people on the game of all ages.
 
So, put a wireless network card on X-Box360's, make a War of Warcraft game pack with head set, and the problem will be solved. Playing games on the computer are oddly addictive.
 
It's different tastes. MMOs are great for making new friends across the world. And if you are just going to play the game by yourself and kill monsters all day then yes, it will be boring. But I've made some great new friends and the adventures I've had in some MMOs are amazing and funny to look back on. You have a blast on the game when you play with friends. That's what it's all about. Which is why I dont play the game for more than 6 hours unless Im having a blast. I never let it run me. But just because the game kills off a few dumbasses with no lives, doesnt make it a bad game.

I grew up playing games like DQ, FF, CT, SoM, all the rpgs on NES and SNES and even PS1. I grew up leveling up and getting treasure. It was only natural I moved to MMORPGs eventually. And in many respects they are better because you meet some great people on the game of all ages.

I guess you have a point. But remember...WoW is the most dominant MMO out there. City of Heroes/Villains is only second fiddle, and I saw generally less people in the game. Thus, it wasn't as fun, and it sorta forced me to do all the missions alone. *shrug*
 
I guess you have a point. But remember...WoW is the most dominant MMO out there. City of Heroes/Villains is only second fiddle, and I saw generally less people in the game. Thus, it wasn't as fun, and it sorta forced me to do all the missions alone. *shrug*

Yeah, WoW is doing something right to get everyone on it. I had CoH for a while. I loved the character creator but the missions got real boring after a while. Right now Im looking forward to Phantasy Star Universe though. That game is going to rawk.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top