With SPD's Judgement mode....is the Constituition Null and Void?

MegaRyu124x

Member
All right, this is a topic that has been bugging me since SPD began, but with the whole, "No Political Discussion", I had to hold this, but finally with H!JU, I wanna thank you for letting me get this out of my chest.

We all know S.P.D catches criminals with Judgement Mode, then immediately confines them.

Supposedly, SPD takes place in US, right? Well, what about the Constitution? It certainly holds rights for everyone, even criminals. Aren't they allowed a right to a speedy trial by jury? At least let them speak? I mean, if that was S.P.D's plan, then Congress wouldn't have allowed this, as it doesn't give rights to the criminals.

All right, that's my rant. I hope you can understand what I'm saying. Thank you.
 
KamenRiderRyuki said:
Supposedly, SPD takes place in US, right? Well, what about the Constitution? It certainly holds rights for everyone, even criminals. Aren't they allowed a right to a speedy trial by jury? At least let them speak? I mean, if that was S.P.D's plan, then Congress wouldn't have allowed this, as it doesn't give rights to the criminals.

All right, that's my rant. I hope you can understand what I'm saying. Thank you.

I understand where you're coming from. As far as being constitutional goes, maybe in the year 2020, they added an ammendment to the constitution that allows for such police activity? Or maybe SPD works above the US constitution, it is an intergalactic organization afterall. Either way in the long run it probably doesn't matter, this is afterall a sci-fi show.
 
That's a good analysis pikapix. That's possible, but if S.P.D works above it, then congress might be pissed somehow. lol Anyway, it's one thing we'll never solve.
 
These are not US crimes though. They are crimes against the planet. At least in Deka, when a Alienizer was Judged, there was always some part about the Alien commiting the same type of crimes on different planets. Not just Earth.

So maybe the SPD's Judgement can superceed any individual country or planet's Judicial system.

Good question and topic though :thumbs:

-RF
 
ohhhhhhhh this is one good discussion.

The bottom line is, remember in the premiere when Kat was showing the Cadets how the SPD morphers work by asking Boom if he ate the last peice of chocolate cake, it analyzes body tempurature and whatnot and this shows if the villian is innocent or guilty. If he is guilty then he gets blasted and put in the containment card if he isn't then he doesn't. It's simple. Personally I think that would be something amazing in the future atleast Michael Jackson wouldn't be walking around touching kids.

JUDGEMENT TIME!!!!!
 
My thought is that the instant judgment rendered by the morphers is good enough for SPD.

If the US has authority over SPD (as opposed to Deka spanning multiple planets) then the red tape of the system might take over from there, since we have our nice little containment cards -- take the contained prisoners and run 'em through the trial by jury system.

In Deka, the multiple-planets thing makes sense, since Deka doesn't usually contain, just blows up (except in a few cases).
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top