Will Kamen Rider Kabuto Rock or Flop Its Finale?[NO SUB-SPOILERS!!!]

Keith Justice

New Member
Kamen Rider Kabuto is a contender for my absolute favorite Tokusatsu of all time. I love the characters, character development, costumes stories, morals and fight choreography.

The only thing that could possibly undo all of the greatness its created.... is fucking up the ending with something that doesn't make sense, seems rushed and cheap.

SO.... given what we've seen so far, do you think they can pull it off? Does the show of the brass pair to knock it out of the park or will it simply be all build up with no good delivery?

Another question... the head writer behind the show, what else has he or she done and did he or she do a good job capping off his or her other stories or did he or she fail everytime?
 
Given what I've seen from the RAWS, it's an 80% flop. Remember, no spoilers! :thumbs:

I think it's the Faiz writer, so if you watched Faiz, you know what you can expect from Kabuto's finale. Unless they manage a Blade ending. Now THAT was awesome! :buttrock:
 
So the stuff you're seeing beyond Episode 34 indicates the show is making a turn for the worst or are you saying from what you've seen up to Episode 34, you're not impressed?
 
So the stuff you're seeing beyond Episode 34 indicates the show is making a turn for the worst or are you saying from what you've seen up to Episode 34, you're not impressed?

Starting from 37, the show seems to get more illogical and rushed. It's quite a pity, really. It had so much potential at first and we were all so hyped. Speaking of which, compared to the past, HJU's Kabuto RAW forum is really dead. We used to have 5 pages of posts in 1 hour, but now I guess everyone's just waiting to see what the writers give us. Speculating just isn't as fun without a good plot, so the posts inevitably get lesser. Bummer. Now I'm just waiting to see next year's KR.

Sub-watchers like JC, please don't feel diappointed. You may feel differently from me. Don't let my gripes with the show dampen your enjoyment! :thumbs: When Kabuto summons the Hyper Zecter, you just get that indescribable fanboy adrenaline rush! The battles still OWN too. :laugh:
 
Speaking of which, compared to the past, HJU's Kabuto RAW forum is really dead. We used to have 5 pages of posts in 1 hour, but now I guess everyone's just waiting to see what the writers give us.

Well there's not much we can do when there's nothing to discuss (via no new subs). And then strangely, everyone feels like discussing toku on a Power Rangers board instead of here so... go fig.
 
We're not using the sub forum though, so it's not a problem for us.

Anywho, for me, I think two words sum up Kabuto perfect. Wasted potential. For the most part, I like the characters, I like the suits and I like the fights, but the story just doesn't deliver. Lately they've just been really dropping the ball and like I said in the RAW forum, it looks like the writers have ADD with the way they introduce new characters and plots just episodes after introducing others. I still think that the Hyper Zecter is one of the worst plot conveniences in a long time. Honestly, 10 more episodes is enough to finish everything they've brought in up to this point...but they're about to bring more characters in and knowing these writers, that means more characters are going to get pushed to the side. At this point, I'm not even really interested in the series, but I've seen 40 episodes, so might as well stick around for the final push and because Tsurugi is really the only thing that makes this show worth watching.
 
I cant say much I've only seen as far as I can. But I think Bochama has been continually pushed to the side and I fear, at this point, he will get only a rushed resolution that has little to no impact on the season and it's characters.

I hope the end of the series doesnt flop. I've loved the series so far. The Hyper Zecter plot seemed weak though. really weak. But everything before Hyper Zecter was fantastic for the most part.
 
I hope the end of the series doesnt flop. I've loved the series so far. The Hyper Zecter plot seemed weak though. really weak. But everything before Hyper Zecter was fantastic for the most part.
Amen. The series was so good up until that point, then everything just started going downhill. Tsurugi really hasn't gotten much plot development because he's just become the comedic character, which works for him, but they've still got a lot of story on him to cover. In 41, we've got something called the AM bullet coming up, which from what I've read, sounds like nothing more than a Magical-Device-of-We-Need-The-Season-To-End.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top