Why is Superboy in a T-Shirt and Jeans?

Kenori, your avatar and sig kick ass. Not that you didn't know already but still I had to give some props on that. :buttrock:
 
Superboy gained that t-shirt/jeans combo when he started living in Smallville with Superman's parents. This is also when he gained the name 'Connor Kent' and stewardship of Krypto.

It's rather low-key and fits with the setting. He does farmwork now, Adventure Comics points out that one of his available classes is Animal Husbandry, and his plainclothes is a flannel shirt over top and glasses, both of which are easily removed when he needs to.

He did wear the classic costume during his stint with the Zero Hour Legion, but otherwise forgoes it because he's not Clark, nor does he really feel worthy to walk in Superman's shoes.

Superboy costumes in order:

The original
superboyfirstcostume.jpg


The Mid-Range
superboy_1_180.jpg


Number #3
superboy.jpg


Legion Stint
81265-163814-legion-of-super-hero_super.jpg


The Current Outfit
784584-kon_el_by_francis_manapul__04__super.png


While I don't like Wondergirl in the t-**** and jeans, I do feel it works for Superboy rather well.

I assume Keith that you're just catching up with Adventure Comics. Just so you know, this Superboy is clone created from the DNA of both Superman and Lex Luthor.
 
Connor is very much a jeans-and-t-shirt kind of guy, so I kind of like it that his costume reflects that. But I'd be ok with it if he went back to the traditional tights, too.

Female superheroines in tight jeans bug me a bit more, because I know from experience that it's almost impossible to do kicks and such in them. :P If it were real life, they'd constantly be tearing their jeans in half when they tried to do anything superhero-ish. :laugh:
 
I enjoy costume 3 minus the really dumb looking goggles. I think it gets him out of the 90's while still staying true to the spirit of his original look. I think I just would have kept some black on it.

With the current one it's like S stands for Somedude.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top