Which series should I watch before watching Ultraman Mebius?

Before anyone says anything: I know/am fully aware that it can be watched all by itself.

That's not the point. I've heard several times that Mebius contains numerous shout outs to various other Ultraman series, so I'm wondering if some Ultra-fan could tell me what other shows I should try to see before Mebius. Any specific ones?

Please, if all you're going to tell me is that it can be watched by itself...skip it. That's not what I'm going for here.
 
The references were nice for people who watched the shows growing up, but they weren't anything substantial since you still get the jist of what they were about in their guest episodes. I wouldn't go out of my way to watch them.

To answer your question though, Ultraman, Ultraseven, Ultraman Taro, Ultraman Jack (Kaettekikka Ultraman), Ultraman Ace, Ultraman Leo and Ultraman 80.

Ultraman and UltraSeven were pretty outstanding, but the rest were kinda meh to me.
 
I liked the Ultraman 80 episode, actually. I can only imagine what it would have been like had I actually seen the show beforehand.
 
I'm pretty sure they didn't.

I would say maybe just watching an episode or two from there first couple of series would do you well enough before moving on.

Though I'd say watching all of Leo and 80 would be a good idea, that's just because they're two of my favorite Ultraman shows.
 
Tiga! Theres no shout-outs or anything to this one but it's easily the best Ultraman show, and maby Toku, I've ever seen. Watch Ultraman Tiga.
 
A lot of the shout-outs are in the form of references to one particular monster battle. So you could just watch the episodes that feature the monsters in question.

This would involve spoiling Mebius pretty heavily, though, and doing a lot of legwork to track down which episode referenced what.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top