Which Anime Series Outlived Its Welcome...?

XD bleach, naruto, dragon ball ...

but then u take a look at the age group this stuff is aimed at.. and it's totally feasible.... why are we still watching it when we're like.. 3-4x's the age that it's aimed towards? :P

Tell that to the fans. The same can be said to the power ranger fans, even though they complain about how horrible a season is, they still get out an watch, despite what there age may be...you know why? because they're fans!

...I on the other hand stopped watching naruto. Just because it didn't amuse me any more...
 
Last edited:
Tell that to the fans. The same can be said to the power ranger fans, even though they complain about how horrible a season is, they still get out an watch, despite what there age may bee


...Yeaaaah I never really got that. If you hate the damn series so much, why are you]/i] the one sitting down and watching it? Your just helping the ratings:eyebrow:
 
Well lots not forget Detective Conan with 500 plus episodes and 12 movies.
Why the hell hasn't he caught all the bad guys and gotten his adult body back yet. Plus is Ran stupid not to know the Shinichi(Jimmy) is Conan.
 
  1. Pokemon- The story's repetitive

  2. The newer Gundam series- I like G Gundam better though Seed was a great exception. I'm going to watch 00 on SciFi when its here.

  3. .Hack- The series needs to go.

  4. Dragonball Z- It's repetitive. They Fight to much ,ruined what the series was about originally.

  5. Naruto- I want Shippuden already!
 
Last edited:
Any anime that becomes too popular in the mainstream becomes unberable to keep hearing news about, even if you like it.

Pokemon has been a dead issue for years. It had potential to regain it's glory with the Advanced seasons (which breifly made me a fan again), but they threw out the great storylines they were developing, refused to drop Ash and give May the attention she needed. It became regressive again, falling back on old tricks. I loved the Adavance movies.

Battle Frontier should have ended Ash's story and spun off May into the Diamond and Peirl era to be a mentor to Dawn. Ash and Brock are still lingering in the background having done all the same **** they used to do

The show is now so void of originality, it's commercilism completly more blatant than it ever used to be, that fans now say to themselves "to me, there was always just 150" and it rings true today. The Kanto Region and Orange Islands eras are "MY" Pokemon era. I can stomach a few more if the storylines are good (Advanced's first season and the Advanced movies), but that's where I draw the line.
 
Any anime that becomes too popular in the mainstream becomes unberable to keep hearing news about, even if you like it.

Pokemon has been a dead issue for years. It had potential to regain it's glory with the Advanced seasons (which breifly made me a fan again), but they threw out the great storylines they were developing, refused to drop Ash and give May the attention she needed. It became regressive again, falling back on old tricks. I loved the Adavance movies.

Battle Frontier should have ended Ash's story and spun off May into the Diamond and Peirl era to be a mentor to Dawn. Ash and Brock are still lingering in the background having done all the same **** they used to do

The show is now so void of originality, it's commercilism completly more blatant than it ever used to be, that fans now say to themselves "to me, there was always just 150" and it rings true today. The Kanto Region and Orange Islands eras are "MY" Pokemon era. I can stomach a few more if the storylines are good (Advanced's first season and the Advanced movies), but that's where I draw the line.

What they need to do is either start completely anew ,or kill off Ash. If they don't do that ,I hope it gets canceled in Japan so Americans can do a series because frankly ,whoever writing the episodes lately is smoking tons of weed. I believe like with the transformers franchise that Americans can do a whole lot better than the Japanese version. For example , Grudge 2 was better here than the original Japanese version, TFA and G1 was much better than the Japanese made ,save for RID , Armada ,and Masterforce.
 
Any anime that becomes too popular in the mainstream becomes unberable to keep hearing news about, even if you like it.

Pokemon has been a dead issue for years. It had potential to regain it's glory with the Advanced seasons (which breifly made me a fan again), but they threw out the great storylines they were developing, refused to drop Ash and give May the attention she needed. It became regressive again, falling back on old tricks. I loved the Adavance movies.

Battle Frontier should have ended Ash's story and spun off May into the Diamond and Peirl era to be a mentor to Dawn. Ash and Brock are still lingering in the background having done all the same **** they used to do

The show is now so void of originality, it's commercilism completly more blatant than it ever used to be, that fans now say to themselves "to me, there was always just 150" and it rings true today. The Kanto Region and Orange Islands eras are "MY" Pokemon era. I can stomach a few more if the storylines are good (Advanced's first season and the Advanced movies), but that's where I draw the line.

Aside from the movies pokemon dosen't have much 'story' to begin with. Just repition for 1000 something episodes. Man you'd figure that after failing so many times, Team Rocket'll just give up already


I stopped watching during the middle of the Kanto see ason, and IMO I think the Orange Island is the best arc. It wasn't repition at least.
 
I stopped watching during the middle of the Kanto see ason, and IMO I think the Orange Island is the best arc. It wasn't repition at least.

The early seasons certaingly did have an arc, for one thing, one whole episode was a midquel to "Metwo Strikes Back", before midquels were ever a popular idea in the medium and applied to things like "The Lion King 3/12", you could sense the writers at least wanted to try something with the show. Advanced likewise had a good arc when it began (Team Aqua and Team Magma), but threw it out once they developed it.

I agree, The Orange Islands explored the Pokemon mythology of the existing Kanto Region information, coupled with small things about the rest. Whilst they arguably make it up as they go along, the early storylines stuck the closest not just to the games, but to less restraint on censorship. Not even Japan does the much riskier stuff like James man-boobs or Poregon anymore.

"Battle Frontier" ought to have been Ash's final season, he tied with May in the finals of a tournament in his home town, Misty was seen to be waiting for him at the beggining of that season when he came home, it made more sense to pass the torch to May and settle down, maybe even give her Pikachu and Brock to tag along so there was something of the old mixed in with the new, but no, instead, May (whose character gained the respect of the fans for replacing Misty), is kicked to the curb and the same will happen to Dawn once her three years are done with around the release of the next game.

It's the repetition that definatly kills it, but that can be remedied with a new way of interpreting the episodes with fresh characterisations, that obviously isnt going to happen
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top