What was the Ultimately the dagger in the heart to Toonami?

FreedomR8G6B1

New Member
Yes, Toonami ended and yes it was inevitable, but people's opinions about its nail in the coffin varied...so...what did kill Toonami?
 
Man, this is going to be tough.

I'd pick all of them but I'm going with that lame excuse for an anime, Naruto and One Piece's English theme song.

Second would be the removal of Absolution and Sara.
 
You forgot one thing to add in the poll:
"Gundam SEED Destiny didn't air there"

cuz' I might vote for that! (One of the reasons it was goodbye, cuz' fans never saw it on Toonami US)
 
And the world heaves a collective sigh of relief...

I think Keith said it best...the guys in charge listened more to the people who hated the stuff they had on than to the people who loved it. That was the beginning of the end.

...in turn...there were a 100 ideas given by fans that would ultimately save it. This includes...

1. Choosing Animes that deserved to earn the label of Toonami (examples: Black Cat, Nanoha, Mai-Hime, Kenichi, other Alternate Gundams like Turn A)

2. More stuff from the creators of Samurai Jack and Megas XLR. Like one shot shows to see what hits the fan.

3. Bruce Timm doing either a Flash or Green Lantern Series...I think someone also mentioned they wanted an Outsiders series.

4. If there was going to be live stuff...toku only. :laugh:
 
I'd say none of those reasons.. though some of those reasons made it a lot worse, but closest thing I could say is "fad" though that's not good neither. It died before a lot of that stuff except "Tom 4.0" that is if that tom was the 2nd one? XD I don't remember, I quit watching toonami back in '04.
 
In my opinion just the fact that it doesn't air in the afternoon weekend anymore. Plus it how much it cut it style down I mean the reason I got into most of the show was because of those commercial that had Peter Cullen and the cool scenes without any narration. Plus I think they just needed a consistent lineup the show were so goddamn erratic they finished Yu Yu haskusho at 5 in the freaking morning. I just blame CN for not having any constantly time show anymore.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top