What was the last Cassette Tape you ever brought?

Black Ranger RX

I don't have low self esteem.
So basically, as the title asks.. What was the last audio cassette tape you ever brought?

Nothing much, just bored and made this thread for a bit of fun and they haven't done cassette tapes since the early 2000's.

Anyway, last cassette tape I remember purchasing was "The Real Slim Shady" (single) by Eminem back in sometime in 2000. I'm not sure if I still have this tape anywhere around anymore, infact I don't even have a tape player anymore.. Also I think that's the first AND last time I ever brought a tape. I believe other tapes I had were copies of CDs.

So yeah, what about you guys?
 
Bought three. Just this past Friday :laugh:

Anyway....Those were: Earth, Wind and Fire, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, and The Offspring. Sound quality was degraded due to age, but oh well.....I did buy them.
 
Bought three. Just this past Friday :laugh:

Anyway....Those were: Earth, Wind and Fire, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, and The Offspring. Sound quality was degraded due to age, but oh well.....I did buy them.

Weeel, that's pretty much to be expected from Cassette Tapes. Oh well!!

Offspring are awesome!!
 
LOL. yeah. Still able to listen to them too; Just have to turn up the volume on my Minivan's stereo system XD

Gonna have to wait for my next pay if I wanna get another album of the Bosstones with better sound quality -- meaning a CD LOL
 
I never bought a cassette tape. My mother bought a few for me when I was still in my Toddler and early Elementary School days (the last ones she bought for me were about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers; A Rock Adventure and some other one that I think came with a book or something). I didn't really get into music until CDs were catching on and pretty much phased cassette tapes out.

At first I thought this was about the last VHS ever bought, then I'd have a real hard time remembering that one! :laugh:
 
The last one I got was Garbage's self-titled album, back in 1996.

I didn't have a radio that played CDs back then, but I switched to CDs in late 1996 since my computer had a CD-ROM. So I'd just play them on there. Then I got a portable CD player in 1997 and was able to hook it up to my non-CD playing radio, and play CDs through it that way.

Even though I said I switched to CDs in 1996, I actually got three CDs before then. Nintendo Power used to have a catalog where you could buy stuff and I bought some video game music CDs they sold. I also got the soundtrack to Batman Forever on CD since I enjoyed the few songs I heard on it so much.

In 1998 I started replacing most of the albums I got on cassette with their CD counterparts, and I'd sell off my cassettes on eBay in 2004. Anyway, I finally got a CD-playing radio until 2002.

For the record, I can actually remember the last movie I ever bought on VHS too.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top