What made Zyuranger the success it was?

I'll say It's my own opinion, but I really dislike very childish Sentai like GoogleV and Zyuranger.
"Kids of the week" and what is more important - kids in main cast, just can't do proper acting. So it's hard to watch shows with them.
There a lot childish Sentai, that are enjoyable without bunch of kids in every episode. Like Kakuranger, Magiranger or Gingaman.
 
I'll say It's my own opinion, but I really dislike very childish Sentai like GoogleV and Zyuranger.
"Kids of the week" and what is more important - kids in main cast, just can't do proper acting. So it's hard to watch shows with them.
There a lot childish Sentai, that are enjoyable without bunch of kids in every episode. Like Kakuranger, Magiranger or Gingaman.

I always crack up a bit when people use "childish" as a term to bash sentai. It's like they can't figure out who sentai is made for.
 
I always crack up a bit when people use "childish" as a term to bash sentai. It's like they can't figure out who sentai is made for.

er; even if all sentai is done for little kids, relatively speaking, some have a somewhat more "mature tone"; for example, series like Timeranger, GogoV, Dairanger, Jetman seem less childish than series like Zyuranger, Fiveman, Magiranger or Goseiger.
Besides, I don't think a sentai should be bashed for being "childish", since, like you said, kids are the target audience ; but I guess some sentai series are less appealing to the adult sentai fans because of the "more childish tone"
 
I always crack up a bit when people use "childish" as a term to bash sentai. It's like they can't figure out who sentai is made for.
I said very childish. I know that Sentai is done for children. But some seasons are too deep in that. And it's a bit hard to watch seasons like that. For many reasons.
 
Wasn't Sentai back in the day a family show anyways? Only until about Ohranger timeslots changed and it also became a more kid targeted show?
 
Right right, Mega was supposed to be the start of something new. Alleviating from some old techniques and looking forward to the tech age as well.

Yet Power Ranger in Space did it better then the source material. Things were really looking up...
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top